A New Mythic Approaches - Mithrilion

150 glory keys . Almost my cheapest mythic ever . I got a mythic once on 2 event keys . It was a dupe ,but hey it was a mythic

2 Likes

Didn’t get this mythic, but spent practically nothing because I didn’t want it anyway. Got Mambarisa from Tier 3 in the event shop this week, and forged Bloodwood or whatever his name is, so I’m more than satisfied with my Mythic Luck this week.

I legitimately felt bad for raining on the parade of a newer guild member this week, after they posted the troop’s stats on Monday in guild chat (the old stats with Insane Growth in Trait 1). Told them just to use Dwarven Gate instead, and they’d see better results.

Thematically, it’s a neat troop, but it just doesn’t fit into the current state of the game. And I have several problems with it…

Troop type:
Just Construct hurts, and doesn’t even make sense. They don’t put out big lore entries to go along with Mythics like they used to, so I don’t know where this troop should fall.

• Was it built by the dwarves? Then it should have got the Dwarf type, just like the Gate and the Thunderforge. Would have benefited from dwarf Mana start and hero class stat boosting.
  • Is it some undead spectre, holding an ancient armor set together with spectral energy? Then it could have gotten the undead type (though this doesn’t really mesh with the kingdom, but would have worked perfectly for Dhrak’Zum).
  • Or since the flavor text is clearly a reference to the LotR Balrog, and its 3rd trait is just a super enhanced version of Infernal Armor, and it could possibly tie in lore-wise with Gorgotha, it should have gotten the Daemon type.
  • Either way, not having a half Mana start means that this troop is too slow for PvP, and not having a bonus troop type scaling for Constructs limits it as well.

super nitpicky about the spell
A huge hulking set of armor with a GIGANTIC HAMMER, has the spell Mithril FIST, and the spell image is just of a random gauntlet (different colour and different design), not even making a fist.

Dragonian Monk has a similar spell, which I think would have worked better than the Explode 3x3. Explode 3x3 only generates 10-12 Mana depending on how many skulls you hit, so they could have made it an “explode X shape” like DM or “destroy 5x5” like Obsidius, to make it able to cast a little more frequently, especially if it’s gonna go in first slot and Mana block 3 colours.

Just gaining Armor from its 24 Mana spell is terrible. Could have made it gain a lower amount, but Life as well. Too many troops that ignore/destroy armor with skulls or spells to rely on that to keep your tank alive.

Traits:
Obviously Insane Growth had to go. But this troop needed Aegis/Stoneskin, if not just outright changing it’s 3rd to be 85% Skull Reduction. And on stream it just kept getting stunned constantly, which having some protection against would have been nice. But at this point we’re just making a knockoff Stonehammer. But having Aegis and 80-90% reflection could have still allowed it to function in its original design space.

I complained in Salty’s stream that Dragonian Monk and Dwarven Gate do the same spell but better (and Tacet pointed out that it was just a worse Deep Golem), and we were both brushed off. I’m not gonna bitch too much about that, Salty’s job is to maintain a positive community, she’s not gonna shit on a new troop in a stream specifically run to hype it, and she has no part in it’s design anyway. I don’t want my complaining about a shitty mythic to come off as harassment against Salty.

Edit: forgot to add
And it’s spell grants barriers, which block 2 of its traits from having any meaning. So you don’t want it to barrier itself. So once again, just use Dwarven Gate, to generate more Mana and be able to barrier your allies more frequently. Congrats, you’ve got a common troop more powerful than a mythic

10 Likes

Three - just for fun (see my defense team). Also, I like spending Glory, it brings some gems.

Perfect insight! Bravo!!!

1 Like