A New Mythic Approaches - Aquaticus

Originally published at: https://gemsofwar.com/a-new-mythic-approaches-aquaticus/

New Mythic Troop: Aquaticus

Aquaticus will be the only Mythic Troop available in Glory, Gem, Guild, and VIP Chests for the next 7 days.

1 Like

Nice defensive mythic.

3038 glory keys
150 gem keys (success)

not bad for someone that accidentally pulled 3 TPK in 100 event keys (unwillingly) last week

1 Like

100 guild keys

1 Like

650 guild chests, 700 gem keys and 2200 glory keys before I pulled one. Basically took all I had but at least I finally pulled a Mythic during release week.

3 Likes

Threw another 250 gem keys. Now I need a team with 3 of them.

Threw another 200 gem keys

1 Like

Woo! Just 3 gem keys to get this one. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

After a bit of dry period with tons of keys spent, i’ve got this one out of just 51 gem keys :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You just have to put insult in injuries…

1 Like

4 Likes

All I wanted was 1 copy of King Avelorn and all I get is this damn mythic

Untitled%20picture

3 Likes

50 gems keys, yay.

2 Likes

Multiple copies - useful or just bling?

Bling would be my vote. Usually multiple copies are good because of a killer third trait - this one is just OK and it already affects all allies with one copy.

I think there is a bug now. We spent over 200000 glory, 1400 gem keys, 150000 seals, 50 VIP keys and… NONE of 4 members got this.

That’s actually kind of low in terms of cost of resources.

Should never expect a mythic for 50 VIP keys.

And what about other resources? :wink:

Also low actually. Remember even with vip keys it’s only a 1% chance. The chances are even lower with gem, and glory keys.

I don’t know what else to tell you but “welcome to gacha games”. Taran’s World used to have tools to help you see what your odds are for particular numbers of keys and IIRC it’s about 2500 gem keys to have a 95% shot at the mythic. More like 1200-1500 VIP keys. I’m not really sure on the others because you listed currency, not keys?

Either way a 95% chance is still a 5% chance of failure. These probabilities are expectations, not guarantees. This is why people tend to ragequit gachas and I feel like players would be better if they didn’t exist. But it works great for publishers.

In a normal game I’d maybe pat you on the back and say it’s not the end of the world, that Aquaticus doesn’t seem meta-defining and you can pick her up in Soulforge if that changes. But this is GoW, so instead of discussing strategy the mythic thread’s just a place to flex about how many keys you spent. :confused:

2 Likes

First 50 gem keys

guess that makes up for the massive amount spent on the last mythic

5 Likes