A New Mythic Approaches - Flame of Anu

The team is not just a LoS team but a full gnoll team. It’s not the most efficient for the first couple of turns but I have Savage Hunter, Lord of Slaughter, Mountain Crusher (monk), and Queen Moonclaw.

It does take a turn or two, sometimes even three to get the ball rolling but once it goes it really goes. Savage Hunter is the only card that has enraged and eagle eye (I think that’s what it’s called) at the same time. He is both the tip of the spear and a meat shield for Lord of Slaughter. Lord of Slaughter will mainly be used to convert. Mountain Crusher does what it always does and Moonclaw helps with more skulls and will create another meat shield if Savage Hunter happens to die. She also raises everyone’s attack by two every time an ally causes skull damage.

Because Savage Hunter mana blocks MC you want to pick up green or brown as soon as the match starts. I never cast Savage Hunter. There is a skill for monk where he gets mana on four matches so that helps a little with the mana blocking. Savage Hunter’s job is to protect LoS and deal skull damage. Cast MC as soon as possible and with the Dust Storm you should be able refill MC pretty quick. Repeat until LoS is ready to go and cast him when you can link the Doom Skulls.

From there the strategy is pretty much rinse and repeat. If Savage Hunter dies cast Moonclaw to summon another gnoll. There’s three possible gnolls she will summon and while it would be ideal she summoned another Savage Hunter the other two aren’t too bad either.

Of course the team has weaknesses to entanglement and frozen but I’ve been able to blow through those. With that aside the team is damn fun especially when you just keep hitting skull cascades after skull cascades.

1 Like

There’s always hope… for a buff… in the near future, maybe?

Oh, well… at least the artwork made it look promising for a bit. :upside_down_face:

Also, if you landed the new Mythic, at least you landed it. Every Mythic pull is a lucky one (is what I say to myself to justify the resource expenditure). :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Oh it’s the new mythic! A guildie asked what he should do with his flames of anus this morning and I suggested preparation h.

4 Likes

wwahahaha good one!

2400 Gem Chests and 2 VIP, probably the cheapest ever.

It would work well with DragonGuard maxed out and a Skull Spammer, but, as others have pointed out, L&D Orbweaver would be a nightmare :frowning:

2 Likes

So for Flame of Anu’s spell it says he gets a x5 boost on Faerie Fire and Burning enemies. Can an enemy be Burning and be on Faerie Fire at the same time?

Yes, all negative effects can be applied at the same time (see Essence of Evil weapon) :smile:

Jeah you’re right. I’m a putz. Thanks

I was over 5000 gem chests one Mythic release. But I feel for you at 2400, its a lot. :frowning:

Spooktober 37th.
New Mythic is a Manticore without Impervious…
:skull:
10K seals to get one.

I agree with Idle, the mythic is a tad useless, but I’m not really expecting much except that the troops/weapons should have some average artwork, and this one is nice.

2 Likes

Yes, lets be positive petras, artwork is indeed nice. :slight_smile:

Mambasira cost me 2110 guild keys (that’s over 40k seals), and 755 gem keys. Ishtara cost me 867 guild keys and then 77 gem keys.

Flame of Anu I pulled after opening 27 guild key chests.

1 Like

happy cakeday yay!

Typo! It was 240, not 2400! :upside_down_face:

1 Like

20K seals, 2K glory keys, 400 gems keys. Absolutely feel I overspent, but at least it’s mine.

I guess I don’t really understand why your assessment of the troop now is so different from in the spoiler thread?

1- we knew this in advance, you’ll have to get some 4-matches and want those first two troops to not have fireproof/impervious (or later in the match, bless).

2-we knew this in advance, def a troop who gets worse as a round goes on

3- yes, having damage depend on a status is a major disadvantage, in a game where it’s very hard to make statuses stick without stun. This is why even changing to selectable targets wouldn’t change much for Flame of Anu - you’d still have these status-related problems.

Flame of Anu, like Suna and Titania, is best suited as a support for another magic damage troop, not as a primary damage-dealer. I was thinking if you could make him work with a fireblade hero somehow, he could have some useful setups, but based on what you and xolid are saying, even that may be a bit of a reach.

It’s a shame they gave burn as his second passive status effect, instead of something that would’ve really been a game-changer (stun or curse).

1000 glory keys
400 gem keys
200 guild chests

4 Flames of Anu :astonished:

2 from the second set of 200 gem keys and 2 more from guild chests. I was hoping for some legendaries that I have yet to ascend. But no, have some extra mythics you don’t need instead.
I’d have opened more guild chests, but half my guild hasn’t gotten one yet and I’m afraid they’d revolt or rage quit if I got a 5th one :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Initial damage output was as good as projected. Damage on paper checked out.

Didn’t realize how obnoxious waiting to set up Faerie Fire on the front 2 troops would be to lowering its efficiency. Yeah it can do good damage, but you need to get Faerie Fire on 2 specific troops before cleanse can kick in. Its like the feeling of getting 4 stacks of bleed.

Underestimated how detrimental only hitting the front 2 troops would be for dealing with the back 2 troops. Guessed with Faerie Fire, dealing with the back 2 troops would still be okay. It really is just “okay.”

Really annoyed how useless it is when you have 1-2 troops left and they’re immune to burning/faerie fire (there’s a lot of elves and Impervious troops). For me, that’s 50 damage for 24 mana. Awful rate. Imagine people with lower magic. 24 damage for 24 mana anyone?

I find myself happy the enemy is burning and I do 3x skull damage to burning enemies. At that point, I just wonder why I didn’t just use Infernus to burn all enemies instead.

There has been plenty of moments when I have 2 enemy troops that have been Faerie Fired consecutively. They just happen to not be in the top 2 slots. I’d still get respectable damage in that case if I could just choose them. Unrelated, I’d choose to avoid hitting the first enemy troop whenever possible when combined with 3x skull to burning enemies.

5 Likes

8000 guild seals. Now it can go on the shelf beside all the other unusable troops.

3 Likes

wow, sweet! :open_mouth: