A New Mythic Approaches - Arachnaean Weaver

400 Gem and 1600 Glory Keys on PS4.
Thats ok, but i think ill never use it…

1 Like

I don’t think people asked to nerf that troop but i think people wanted more variety since every new troop was divines

3 Likes

For a while every Mythic released was subpar. This was fixed by making them all Divine. As far as I’m concerned. Make every Mythic Divine until they’re able to make every other troop as powerful as Divine Troop Types.
(Not just new Mythics either. Go back and change every single one to Divine. Have 3 types for each troop if need be.)

1 Like

Could have been another type with the 50% start.
Dwarf, giant, wild folk, beast…

A tiny bit of an enhancement for forsaking Divine would make it good. It can be okay, not game changing. The explosion might have been better with say 50% chance of exploding in normal mode and 100% when enemy dies.

1,400 ( specifically 1,396) Gem Keys and 400 Glory Keys to get 1 copy. I’m thankful for the open 200 Chest button.

This last minute reassignment of the new Mythic shows the power of setting every Mythic to Divine was a mistake.

The developers need to sit down at the desks (a month or two ago) and reassign all the Divine natural Mythics to a new race (God, or “Deity”, or whatever). Offer a bunch of refunds, then lets see were the meta is in a few weeks.

And if they are still worried about the meta they can make the GodSlayer troops apply vs the new race.

Simple tweak without a massive nerf hammer.

5 Likes

Dang, I had just finished my size comparision image because I noticed that as well and was about to make a “Look, this is why this guy got nerfed, he’s sooooo small, itsy bitsy spider, can’t do much!” post and now you already made a post about that (and mentioning Lucas, no less). :joy:
…I’ll still post my dang image because I spent 10 minutes making it, though.

Dude is almost as big/small as a Gnome’s hand. That’s not very big. Lots of webs for such a small spider, that’s for sure! In fact, I would say, for such a little guy, that’s a mythic amount of webs…

7 Likes

Very lackluster troop. Even if it was still divine it would still be a pile of crap.

Y’all might be hating on this troop, but I’m wrecking with him in PvP, and I’m eager to play with the new Jelly that comes out on Monday too!

Current team:
Green Seer
Giant Spider
Elemaugrim
Arachnaean Weaver

1 Like

Yes the cube looks fun, but I wonder if I can pull Zuul’Goth with event keys. :grimacing::+1:t2::thinking:

2 Likes

I think this troop is pretty good. The spell hits hard and AoE web is strong enough to change a match’s direction. Impervious is nice. Shame the third mythic trait is so poor…

It’s a sad indictment of the powercreep situation and those few troops just blatantly mathematically way above any others, that so many can look at this monster and see it as rubbish…

6 Likes

Honestly put this MYTHIC trait on a legendary - heck even an EPIC - troop and it still wouldn’t be worthy… it’s just so terrible.

Even if it was a 100% guarantee… it’s on an enemy death! In a bad situation where you are losing troops that need refilling you most likely are having difficulty killing enemies… so that’ll never trigger. And on the flip side if you are rocking it out and killing enemies you’ll usually have a full roster, or just missing one (which is no big deal).

But as it is, it’s a 50% on enemy death. Pitiful

The troop it summons is pretty meh, too. Not even useful when it procs. Perhaps if it summoned a legendary or a mythic troop it would have some situational uses.

Who on earth designed this and thought “hey this is a good interesting trait for a SUPER RARE MYTHIC troop!” Like I said, you’d expect this on an epic/terrible legendary. Not a mythic.

4 Likes

I’ve played it. When the troop gets summoned, it turns around an iffy game into a win. Imagine a situation where Uba just killed two of your troops, one turn before you could cast your Weaver’s spell. You cast, and web everything and are able to kill a troop (or two) too. Suddenly, you are back on even (or better) troop count and your fresh new troop is something that does double combat damage to any of your opponents, fits into colors that don’t block your mythic, and has a spell that comes with a bunch of nice bonuses as well.

This is what good design looks like. You have to remember how well this fits in with the very large true damage that the spell does. We’ve just all become accustomed to the recent broken meta, so it’s hard to see. If Uba and Infernus were tuned to where the rest of the mythics are, this would feel just fine.

3 Likes

People should remember that Tomb Spider does double damage to webbed troops so once summoned in its pimping out the skull dmg. But I stated before that I think the summon needs to be at least 100% on enemy death and possibly include in the spell too.

Don’t have the mythic but like using Tomb Spider.

3 Likes

As I lay in bed last night I was also thinking it should be 100%. I mean, Kerberos is 50% and it’s not Mythic.

OMG got another one from 10 ramdom guild keys

5 Likes

Like “Ten random guild chests appear and open themselves.” sort of encounter while you walked in tall grass? That never happened to me… :thinking:

2 Likes

Spent my almost 17,000 guild seals, no luck, Than spent 1444 gem keys and no luck, than I spent 7,277 Glory keys with no luck, Than I traded another 70,000 glory for more Glory Keys and no luck…than bought 50 VIP keys with …no luck. Finally using nearly the last of my gems I bought another 50 VIP chests and got 2 copies
This sadly happens every 2nd or 3rd mythic for me…makes me crazy. I really hope the next mythic is not a repeat I don’t have the resources for 2 in a row like this :frowning:

I really didn’t want to add another “mythic” to my Soul Forge list as I’ve finally gotten it down to 4 again so I went all out but it was at great cost

Worst of all this is really just a ‘mid tier’ mythic at best I don’t think I’ll even use it