A New Mythic Approaches - Amarok

I truly enjoyed such things back in the day when I played some other games with no translation for Portuguese. It helped creating some solid groups/communities of brazilian players, who weren’t well versed into english, but could still have their fun with the translations provided. You and your friends are awesome!

2 Likes

Definitely a bottom 10 mythic

Thx Razzagor.
I have played GoW over 4 years and truly love playing with my friends.
We always have chats in Telegram and some of us made bots to help Korean players by sharing useful information or providing translated in-game text in our language.
All these efforts make my friends to enjoy the game with more exciting way so we are happy to do this.
Hope you enjoy the game.

2 Likes

3k Guild seals, but not a troop that’s worth using if you can have HKI with Ethereal Sentry instead.

600 Glory Keys to get Amarok. I don’t foresee myself using him much though.

New mythic is pretty hilarious…

1 Like

7k seals. Which is cheap for me. Yes, HKI is better, but if you have this and not the fat gobbo, it could work. Just boost red gems instead of attack.

If you don’t me asking what team are you using to get the bonus that high?

A good assessment of any Mythic is usually to look at the colors it doesn’t use, so in Amarok’s case we have Green, Blue and Purple.
After that you can look for some synergies with the troop type, so you have Beast and Elemental.

Out of these we have Legendaries that can give it 50% mana start and also Fire Troll that doubles red gems and uses Blue Purple. Since trolls are also elementals picking the Maraji Queen seems the best choice SPECIALLY because her spell generates Doomskulls and will put “that debuff/negative status I don’t remember the name now” which allows all other debuffs/negative status to stick to troops, so Stun and Burning from Amarok’s trait can work.

So with just that you have pretty much a team on which you can still fit the hero in that’s up to you. You have mana generation, you have doomskulls’ generation which also adds a bit of mana but will reduce the number of red gems on teh board due explosions so…

In the end of the day there are better Elemental troops to use instead of Amarok. He is ok, but not exactly Mythic material in my book.

Edit: Removed the part about a Hero Elemental Class since it doesn’t exist…

I’m using this and it is working very well in pvp.

Sunspear/Meteor banner

Flammifer
Amarok
Infernus
Maraji Queen

1 Like

All great info, but unfortunately the concept of an Elemental hero class is just wishful thinking. :pensive:

1 Like

I feel like all this guy needed was for the 9 spawn to not be conditional on lethal damage.

The problem is even if you get your good setup, it is highly unlikely that you hit 100% devour chance, especially without leaving extra turns on the board. But missing the devour just stalls you completely - not only do you not have any mana, but you also gave up a board that likely has a bunch of 4+ matches on it and when you get your turn back it makes it an uphill battle to even be able to cast again. This means even if you have good setups with him, if you can’t get to 21-25 red gems on the board for the guarantee, he will ultimately be self defeating often in what should be a good setup enough to make me not want to use him at all. For setups where I don’t just sit there and loop trying to get to as many reds as possible and just use spawners and storms because I don’t want the fight to take forever, I generally average around 13-18 in reds on board, for around 60-80% devour chance with the burns. I can sometimes chain this into devouring the entire team, but if I fail one devour I’m scraping trying to get my mana and board state back for longer than any competent team would take to clear two full matches. The same is true if I completely brick a spawner cast, as it is for most spawners, but I feel this an acceptable risk if he just spawned all the time - I still counter it in the same way, since it is basically harmless with few or no reds on the board, and my win condition and setups are still the same, only I don’t have an unacceptably high chance to take one on the chin when casting in a situation that should be favorable for me.

The alternative would be for him to not do completely terrible spell damage (at least 3x what he does now) so I could target weakened enemies and either devour/get bigger or get a guaranteed lethal with guaranteed spawn, or then take a calculated risk on a bigger target if I have closer to a guaranteed devour. Or he’d be flat out “good” with a x6 boost ratio. Either of those would secure him as remaining a “momentum” based troop without it being too much of a dice roll that it is now.

6 Likes

Ah yes, I stand corrected in that case. I actually forgot we don’t have one…
How could I forget about all the classes with UNIQUE and INTERESTING designs SPECIALLY regarding their distribution of talent trees and troop’s types?

I blame it on my lack of brain… :skull:

Best I found so far. Having him up front at least makes the situations where you have momentum better. Still flows like cold mud if you miss the first devour (if you aren’t dead) and doesn’t deal with statuses well (Root Trap/Snap Freeze suck), but it is self defeating less of the time if you always have something on standby to charge it and can fit it up front relatively safely and all their red is either dead or frozen by the time you miss. Even so, you can sit there swinging and missing on multiple consecutive 70-80% chances and wonder why you bothered since you need a high magic Thrall for this to work so its not like you don’t have other options at that point. Outlier fights can see four devours in a row from the starting board, but even best cases are at best “average” explore times, with most “good” fights being nearly a minute and “bad” fights pushing nearly 2 (with Amarok alive, much longer if he randomly dies and you still decide to push).

1 Like

This team is doing some damage at the moment - going to keep testing. So far his devour rate is pretty high…

2 Likes

Dazbo weapon? Remember to Screenshot when the weapon is clear.

Essence of Evil. You can always tell by the background picture even when the names are up.

That’s true if you already own the weapon. New players may not have that luxury and will be scratching their heads.

1 Like

or will just ask…

Right. Okay. Or you could just take a more descriptive screenshot and eliminate the need for all of that lol

1 Like