6.5 Update: Dragon's Path

0/12 for me. Massive, massive kick in the belly.

2 Likes

3rd perfect run for me today, 92 dragonite at dungeon level 6. Eventually, at level 20, it will be 120 per run.
It’s a long term goal, but I think it won’t take nearly as long as many people think.

1 Like

I consider myself relatively lucky to be on dungeon level 3. I’ve seen some people who are STILL stuck at level 1. And as we’ve established, some of us still have 0 perfect runs. This would definitely take years in its current state.

Still 0 for me too and it’s making me dread doing the daily Dungeon as it’s almost certainly going to be yet another failure. This is not fun.

And yeah, I know over the long run it’ll average out to 1 in 10; but that is necessarily going to mean a lot of failures in between the occasional perfect run, and I don’t think either I or the devs realized quite how dispiriting this is.

That’s nice for you, but you’re very much a good-luck outlier here.

3 Likes

The 1 in 10 statistical average may not actually be applicable. Go read what I linked in my last post. If it was indeed a fair random 1/10 chance, we should not be seeing what we’re seeing in that thread. It’s all theories right now, but it’s worrying. If we’re correct about the seeds basically making it so every player only has a set number of patterns they’re likely to see, you could end up almost never getting a perfect run if your go-to door order doesn’t line up with most of your personal patterns. I just want this to be a fair system where some people don’t get a clear advantage (daily Dragonite offer aside), and it doesn’t look like that’s the case atm.

1 Like

I don’t think 12 samples is enough to draw any conclusions from.

5 Likes

At first we have to be aware of the fact, that most people, who had already one or more perfect runs, don’t post it here in the forum and mostly the ones without perfect runs do so (coz of complainin about).

The second part about the “potential seed” everyone might have, will lead to the appearence of a pattern (4 rooms which will give a perfect run in more then 10% of the time), which will occour at some point.
Solution: Check which “opening order” would have give you the perfect run over several days/weeks/months and use it. If it doesn’t give you a comfortable result of perfect runs, your observation was either not long enough or it resluts in no seed everyone has.

while I wouldn’t actually take what I said as gospel in the slightest, pattern recognition can lead to improved results over time.

You’re more than welcome to wait 30/60/90/100/200/forever days until there’s enough sample sizes to draw conclusions. You’re also welcome to assume Dungeons are true random, GoW RNG is perfectly coded, and you will get 10% perfect runs over time.

1 Like

This means that any experiments somebody wants to run are fair game. But we can’t speak for the RNG unless somebody has actually taken a code dive to verify how that works (which RNG is client-side and which is server? etc).

Very lucky! Please help me open mine please @PhoenixFlamer

Yes i got a duplicate today :cry:

How I wish the stupid key in the middle is no more. :pray:

4 Likes

Is there any word on those allegedly updated Daily Deals type offers? I’ve hit a kingdom stars blockade in Stormheim where I need to upgrade another weapon to maximum, which is a problem when the only two Stormheim weapons I own that aren’t fully upgraded are both doom types. So I’d love for the offers of Forge Scrolls that are hinted at to actually happen one of these months.

Otherwise I have to wait the year or so for Stormheim to come around after the end of this campaign as to be able to forge the campaign weapon.

And no, crafting a ton of forge scrolls isn’t really a viable option for me. Not only do Cursed Runes not have a high enough drop/farm rate for that to be plausible, but I just managed to forge my first Cursebreaker a few days ago and I consider that to be a slightly higher priority.

8 Likes

jesus christ I’ve tried to do dungeons every day and I’ve never gotten a perfect run, and you’ve gotten three. ridiculous.

2 Likes

Ath this point in time I regret I forged the cursebreaker weapons instead of scrolls to update the Doomed weapons first.

Unless you have all that you want upgraded already, maybe reconsider

I actually use two of the Cursebreaker weapons on a regular basis. The Javelin (despite the bug reported for it) is really solid on my Yellow GW defense team and gets a good amount of wins every time. I use the Wand with quick kill Rowanne team as a second scatter weapon in front and it works really well there. And doesn’t mana block.

Granted I’ve crafted all the Cursed Runes recipes including maxing the pet at this point, but even now I’m not going gung-ho on crafting the doom scrolls due to writs still being doled out in trickles. All of those I’d much rather spend on Imperial Deeds for Kingdom upgrading and don’t see the scroll crafting as being truly viable unless I’m only missing a few to max a Doomed weapon in a stuck kingdom.

Yes, biggest problem is the accumulation of writs.
You have many ways to get cursed runes, now you can even buy them daily -.-
If it was writs to buy daily I’d be broke. :smiley:

1 Like

It really depends whether you’ve upgraded all Doomed weapons you want upgraded. I’ve only been playing for 2.5 years so the scrolls are rare for me.

I saved up writs, now I need the runes - and I don’t feel like buying them with gems at this point.

wait for the next vault weekend, play, find enough band gnomes, craft gnome-a-palooza 's and play.
encounter a cursed gnome and let time of the gap run out, then finish the match and get 10+ cursed runes. and next gap / repeat.
sure it ruins a few mins of gap, but worst thing you miss out on is a few epic and normal vault keys.

but you only get a fixed number of writs weekly. plus eventually a lucky daily deal offer - which isn’t cheap. compared cursed runes are cake, no need to buy them.

I do that! :grin:

I don’t always even find a single cursed gnome during a gap, though. Oh well, I’m not in a crazy hurry. If I learned anything through this game it’s patience. :sweat_smile: