4.7 Update (Patch Notes)

This update is good.

I have spoken

2 Likes

Wow - so daily play can give a real benefit under new GWs?

Not really no.

So if you have weekenders, like most of us tbh, and they do their Tuesday fight on Sunday, if they score better than someone else did on Tuesday, then it adjusts the score to reflect that.

It wont lock it in daily, but will adjust the daily scores.

The win for the day stays the same though

1 Like

Ok, then that is more as expected then.

1 Like

Yeah, the text about this isn’t comprehensive. It only mentions 27 counting towards daily wins, not also being calculated in the week’s total.

@Saltypatra @Kafka @Cyrup

May we please have clarification on this? Thanks :slight_smile:

This was explained in yesterday’s stream. There is a rolling total of the top 27. So the rolling total at the end of the week is what is used for the overall weekly positioning.

3 Likes

Okay, so on the stream but not in patch notes…

1 Like

Asked after the stream:

1 Like

Very very confirmed.

1 Like

@Graeme

If it’s day 1 of Guild Wars the best 27 scores from day 1 will count towards day 1’s results.
Day 1 battles played AFTER day 1 has ended will not count towards the DAY’S result but the score will be reflected on the schedule screen (so similar to how it displays now for late battles)

The end of week result is the top 27 scores for each day even if the battles where fought late.

So ie. Just because you scored best overall in the Guild Result table for your Guild, doesn’t mean your full score will count in the end of week results.

So you might be in the top 27 for your guild overall but maybe you had a really bad day and scored in the bottom 3 on one day, that part of your score won’t be counted in the end of week total just for that day.

Does that make sense? Do you have other questions about this?
I’ll try to find a nicer way to word this and include it in the Guild Wars article before Guild Wars starts.

10 Likes

#EnglishIsHard :joy:

3 Likes

i would prefer if you included crude cave paintings to illustrate the concept, be creative please. thank you in advance

3 Likes

With the results tab for the guild showing each persons scores and ratios, will that reflect if they have a score not being used??

And if so, how will this effect rankings in the guild for paragon/champion etc

1 Like

The results tab hasn’t been changed and the new way of counting scores for only the top 27 players will not affect how the Guild Wars player rank (paragon etc) is calculated.

You won’t be able to see who the best players were for each day - you’ll only be able to see the total score on the schedule and ranking tabs changing

#ICanEnglish

EDIT: I can put in a QoL request for seeing the top players for each day :slight_smile:

5 Likes

So if I’m in the bottom 3 scores on Tuesday, my weekly total would be calculated as

0 + X + Y + Z + …

And that total would be used for weekly standings. That total wouldn’t match what’s displayed in the cumulative results tab, which factors in every number instead of the 0.

Is that right?

1 Like

Thank you for the reply. All is clear now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Please do. I dont want results page to reflect the scores after the bottom 3, but more a way to see which scores ARE the bottom 3, that way we can talk to those people and find out what happened since the scores update to a total rather than showing which is daily.

2 Likes

Correct @covertmuffin123

Another thing confirmed on yesterday’s stream: even though the Baited Pet Gnome can’t run away, you will lose the Pet Gnome Bait if you die. (Poor @Ozball.)

So don’t die. #PublicServiceAnnouncement

6 Likes

Go fight casual and keep refreshing until a low team appears for ease lol

1 Like