4.2.5 Patch Notes

Someone on PS4 reported on Discord that they were having the bug too.

If you are experiencing an issue, in future please contact support (or report the bug here)! It’s so much better when we have a bunch of individual reports ready to go so we can investigate the issue quickly. The patch notes a way for us to briefly see rising issues but we really need more details and thorough reports.

The issue where your Guild Wars battles can count as a loss if the opponent does not have a Hero on their defense team should be resolved before reset today with a push to the server.

1 Like

The arena class XP was a bug that finally got fixed with 4.2.5?? @Cyrup

If you are referring to the issue where you were previously able to earn Class XP/Wins from Arena battles, this was not working as intended. So in 4.2.5. this no longer occurs.

3 Likes

HURAYYYYYYYYY… Finally, so sometimes the devs do listen to the players…. :stuck_out_tongue:
Or maybe they finally found the “old” piece of code they needed… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Never the less good job folks…. :+1: :smiley:

Sooo patch notes from 3.5 were not correct @Cyrup?
The Arena is the ONE game mode that requires a hero to be used and is the ONLY game mode that doesn’t give hero XP?
That’s the “intention” of the devs huh?
Like y’all had a meeting, and said yeah… Arena shouldn’t have XP for classes…in fact let’s call it a bug even though it was featured in the notes. :roll_eyes:

11 Likes

Oh if that the case then it will be hard to track, my guildmates did their fight and no problem here

No issues for us on PS4.

Keep getting luther directing me to new class. Locks up, and have to restart. Done dozens of times

Not sure what platform you’re on, but I thought I was having the same problem last night, until I realized after a minute or so that Luther wanted me to push the button that allows me to go to the next tab (RB on Xbox). When I did that, it worked fine.

3 Likes

Christ some people are not handling this well… on both sides…

Before: hero earned exp for fights it was in. Exp went to the class in use.

Now: hero earned exp for fights it was in. Exp went to the class assigned to that team. Arena can’t have a class assigned to it, the game doesn’t know what class to give exp to so it doesn’t do anything.

Devs, stop saying bugs are involved and explain the issue. Or quote my post, if I hit the nail on the head first try.
Complaining people, stop complaining and embrace the 99%+ good this update brings.

Don’t make me mute this thread.

13 Likes

Good update!! :hugs::hugs::hugs::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:
I’m enjoying new deck building
At last we can use any heroes anytime we want, this is what I want !!

1 Like

To be fair devs explained well already.

It was a bug the class xp you was getting in arena until “now”.

Now arena is fixed so no more class xp, simple as that.

Xp or not arena is still best trophy source and also good x souls (i used it x DB seen i dont have Ra and it’s less boring than explore) even more now with doom weapons.

A really nice update overall.

A…bug… That was featured in 3.5 patch notes.

It’s a nerf. Not a bug that’s fixed. It’s cray cray that the devs think they can just call these things bugs. (Like the tribute “bug”).

Well, anyway the disappearing of class xp from arena isnt a bug like so many ppls here seem to think, that’s what i wanted to say.

Also ppls should stop use “new players” as excuse x complain about that, is pretty clear the ones really pissed off are late game players that used arena to farm insane amount of trophy’s with their DB’s/Dooms while meanwhile leveling lame classes, cough, warpriest, cough.

Leveling classes are a required part of the game if they want to level up kingdoms. Also, those end gamers earned those weapons.
The second I saw the change I assumed it was a coding issue. Which it was. My only complaint is the devs trying to treat me and the community like we’re idiots. By saying “actually it was a bug all this time.”
One dev even had the gull to act like we should appreciate them not fixing this “bug” sooner.

In your previous post you called it a bug. :person_shrugging:

To be even fairer, they have a huge track record of changing game mechanics that had been around for years by claiming everything was really a bug and never supposed to have worked that way. Those “bugs” usually have superior ninja training, they never show up on the official “known issues” list, or any other official communication, until they are suddenly discovered to have been fixed as part of a secret multi-year undercover operation. Like that “bug” that had supposedly prevented 4-matches to grant mana surges all along, to the utter amazement of the whole community when the “fix” hit out of the blue.

1 Like

In my previous post i wrote what devs wrote seen someone was asking them to explain “well”-

Yes they earned it, i got them too and so?

Still saying that this change hurt “new players” is exact same thing as devs saying it was a “bug”.

In my guild sometimes there’s some “arena” races, they last an hour and average amount of trophy’s is 270, that mean 9 full runs, so in 1 hour using arena you could get:

270 trophy
27k+ souls
36k+ golds
144 xp for the class you wanted

That’s using DB/Doom, maybe even retreating if random troops was lame.

So my only complain is ppls here thinking other ppls are idiots and trust they complain NOT for their own gain but for the good of “new players”.

Ps: forgot, i got aswell the “new player pow”, got a few days old account on pc too and arena isnt that great x new player, without bonuses from armor/pets the gain is way lower, you face weapons you dont have a can kill you easy, 1 trophy pvp is way better for both class xp and golds than arena for new players.

I don’t think so:

So they can catch a standard class for the display on the main HUD, but not for Arena? What a joke :roll_eyes:.

Xp in Arena is a bug? What a joke :roll_eyes:. Devs always put the “well-known” bugs in a topic and I never saw “Champion XP in Arena” as a bug.
No it’s only because of their pride of the perfect design because it sounds strange that you don’t use the class but you get Xp for the class.
Like getting trophies in Raid Boss/Invasion/Doom Tower: you don’t fight other players so why getting trophies? Because it takes a lot of time to do all these battles and it was difficult for player to manage trophies and the events.
Why it seems unfair to remove Xp from Arena? Because some players are playing mostly this gamemode and Hero levels are required for Power Level and also for completion + events (already said by other players).
Honestly, should we always go through the “please devs fix the unfair feature” for 6 months every time?

And for this update, sorry but I don’t want to say “thanks” but “better later than never” (let’s be honest “a class by team” should have been implemented since they added class…).

3 Likes

Then again, this update feels like it improved the class system quite substantially, as flawed as it might have been initially. Improvements take time, I’ll go with “thanks”, I seem to be complaining enough already. :smile:

2 Likes