Top 50 Guild League Table History

@dhjl clones. Why do you think he was gone a week, surely not vacation! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This thread is very useful. It would be nice to refrain from polluting it with insults against other players.

10 Likes

STC Oxygen[intrim] 214!!! lvl 1611 wins 8 defeats
DKAssassin[intrim] 130!!! lvl 1278 wins 3 defeats
MeltFrost[intrim] 116!!! lvl 1061 wins 3 defeats

seriously?

This is as good a place to announce it as any. dhjl has permanently left the game.

1 Like

How does one go from playing it so much to zero; just going cold turkey on it!

I wish I knew. Came as quite a shock.

Dhjl, if you’re reading this, know that you’re missed. I hope you’re doing alright, and I wish you well.

I was that way with Everquest. It consumed me, spending all my time leveling characters, farming gear for alts, raiding for gear for my main, maintaining the walkthrough website, etc… To the point I was skipping time with my family/friends to focus on the game. And then I said “Enough!”, uninstalled the game, deleted all my spreadsheets, and haven’t gone back.

For some people, myself included, games easily become all or nothing. Once it reaches that point you can’t be casual about it because you know if you do you’ll be right back to playing all the time before long.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your experience. It wasn’t a case of having no more objective to fulfil then? Seems like quit a void to fill, for the better of course, but I am sure you would notice the extra free time

Could be many reasons, if riversong is willing to tell us why, that would be nice.
Burnout, death, lost account and not willing to get it back, probably has something else eating 8 hours of his day. Just a short list of reasons why he would leave.

For me it wasn’t. I wasn’t in a “top” guild so there were plenty of raids I hadn’t seen much less defeated. A lot of gear I could still work towards. But it was simply too consuming, and when I finally stepped back enough to see it… I cut ties. I still have hundreds of Facebook friends from my time there though, many of which I talk to daily. I even keep in touch with a few of the game developers (I worked with them to track down and fix bugs/exploits).

1 Like

That’s the way I am with all my games (for the most part), too. The only reason I’m still playing GoW 2 years in is because there hasn’t been another match 3 game released that comes anywhere close to being this fun even on GoW’s worst day; even still I’ve had some months of near zero activity. Still, I’m nowhere near as hardcore of a player as any of the level 1,000 players…I’m barely stareing level 400 in the face lol.

2 Likes

He said that if he was going to get bored of the game then he would have a long time ago, son i am dissapoint :confused:

I got bored of the game a long time ago, but I can multotask with this game unlike most others and actually watch educational media. If I wasnt doing this game, I would be doing a more addictive game that I would not be able to multitask to. So I will be here to stay.

Or we could just mind our own business. @dhjl was not one to share much. By virtue of being on top, he attracted a lot of curiosity. He seemed incompatible with it; while some revel in the limelight and tout their accomplishments (and their guilds’) to all that indulge them, dhjl is a quiet person and bore his fame in silence. I think it is only fitting that he exit this way, in his way.

I will miss him at the top, though. I’d rather a silent role model than a glory hound.

22 Likes

Preach it, Sister!

1 Like

A big shuffle for mid-table this week and some observable impact of new 2.0.1 cheating detection.

I’m sure all my regular league followers would agree that we like a good, clean fight on the guild tables, so I’m glad the devs are willing and able to enforce this when it becomes unfortunately necessary. :+1:

14 Likes

Would the excel be handier with the most recent info starting from the left hand side?

I viewed it on mobile.

2 Likes

Yes please!!!

Apparently, the trophies obtained from cheating haven’t been removed…

Sorry i didnt realise you were in our guild and know our trophy count