Yes its Sad but true

@FeelTheBern is one of the best players, if not the best. No doubt.

1 Like

390 is actually what you get from guild tasks.

I also get roughly 100/day from tributes, and you can get an additional 50-100 per week from guild tasks. That’s easily 1,100 gems. Per week.

That’s not counting incidentals from buying tiers or event rewards. I could also encounter a treasure gnome or two and get 4 or 5 gems that way. Some people have proved something like 50/hour is possible from treasure hunt.

To reach some of these numbers, you have to play a lot. This is how it is going to be. If it took no significant time investment to collect enough gems to get by, there’d be no incentive to spend money instead. “Free to Play” doesn’t mean it’s easy to subsist for free.

I happen to like resource contention. I like being given a choice of 5 things to do but only enough resources to do 3 or 4 of them fully. I like trying to decide how to spend my resources to get what I feel like is the best return for my effort. It’s not really fun if I know I need 1,000 gems per week and I get 1,500. That means I accumulate resources forever and don’t have something to spend them on.

We’re in the “bad part” of faction events, too. We’ve had to spend enough gems to get 3 weapons in 2 weeks. This is only going to happen once. From now on, the only time a faction weapon releases is once per month. 4 weeks apart. Think about that if you’re about to buy a tier in an event you don’t think you need: in about 2-3 weeks you’ll need 800 gems to get a new weapon.

If you miss it, guess what? You get another shot at it once every few weeks. Once you buy a weapon for a faction event, unless you really feel like chasing the faction leaderboard there’s not a lot of reasons to spend that many gems every week.

While it may be true for now that faction event rotation allows multiple opportunities to acquire the event weapon, as new factions are introduced, the frequency of opportunities will dwindle proportionally. Many players don’t have the time or desire to grind every event or daily task; it’s a case of priority from your own perspective and preference. I don’t bother much with pet rescue, class event or bounty, and when I get one faction maxed, delve won’t figure much either. I don’t need ingots to upgrade weapons I never use and if that means my Kingdom power levels stall, so be it. I have no interest in forging zuul because one way or another, the grind is ludicrous and expensive in time commitment AND potential cash outlay. I don’t spend cash anywhere in this game and that’s how it’s going to stay. Some high guilds are losing quality players. Delve has pushed them over the edge into burn out and that’s bad planning by 505 in my opinion.

3 Likes

Exactly. I was in a bracket 10 guild for a few months so no major amount of gems from that but after saving for only 4 months I still have 13k gems and I haven’t really missed out on anything except Zuul but that was by choice.

1 Like

Perhaps, but before the nerf, you could get, I believe, it was 590 gems from Tasks alone. There were then, also, weekly events (like "Kill X Troops in PVP) that would give gems as well. Plus, there were Daily Tasks and Tributes and all that. Also, we didn’t have almost every (new) game mode with its hand out, asking for these Gems.

So, now, on average, even still having things like weekly events, we get less Gems per week and more places to spend them then ever. Not to mention the old ways (like trying to go for the new Mythic), that any player knows can be Hell in itself. It was hard enough to get them before the Gem nerf, if luck wasn’t on your side, now it’s even worse, because we have less Gems to spend on that sort of thing, if you use them for anything else. And, let’s not forget the almost uselessness of VIP level 5 or above now, due to that same nerf. Most of the time I look at those chests and go: “Well, that was nice while it lasted”.

All in all, you might do good in this game if you’re at the tippy top of the mountain, especially, in GW. But the rest of the people are definitely playing in a poorer (resources) Gems of War.

Honestly, I can’t blame a lot of end gamers for quitting after that nerf or after the umpteenth “Gem Sink”. Truth of the matter is, after years of the same (style) game, they completely threw out the old “rule book” and basically told their player base to “adapt or quit”.

So, yeah, people were (and still are) upset and/or they quit over that. Of course they did. They changed the game on them/us, and gave us something we never asked for, and something we never wanted to support in the first place.

Love or hate the game as it is, you have to see why what the devs or publisher or whoever did, was infuriating to people who played this game for years and spent dozens to hundreds or maybe even thousands of dollars, supporting the game they loved. They were more or less given “the finger” in return for their loyalty and support. So, I understand their “complaining”.

1 Like