Worst high school raffle prize ever lol AR-15

It’s not the rain that kills people. …
It’s the idiots that drive into raging flood waters !
:stuck_out_tongue:
Get it ? Lol

1 Like

A gun is a tool used and designed to shoot someone or thing. If we were to over simplify it, a gun is just a smaller version of a cannon that has been modified to be made easier to load and shoot. A bullet is a cannonball that has the gun powder created in an easy to use package. At what point did a cannon from a ship or a fortress become like a gun? Guns have always been designed to be used as a method of killing except in instances where gunpowder is not present. In those instances these are guns designed for either:a training, or :b playing such as bb guns, nerf guns, pellet gun or paintball guns. Out of all the guns i prefer nerf guns. Also i have been shot by bb guns, a desert eagle, pellet guns, paint ball and nerf guns. I like nerf guns because they cause no real injury.

You people really need to get over yourselves. I know Americans pride themselves on their freedom, but the reality is there are many countries on this planet that have at least the same amount of freedom, many EU countries even much more so, without their citizens being armed to the teeth.

The government already tells you what to do in all aspects of life it cares to do so and your armed public didn’t stop them from doing so. Just the same as the absence of an armed public in many other countries on this planet didn’t keep them from having the same or even more rights in some aspects of life, as you do.

You like guns… that’s great, as long as they are legal where you live, enjoy them. But please stop believing that your guns are keeping your government in check, cause that is musket-time nonsense that has no place in a time where your government does most of their killing with predator attack drones and the likes.

2 Likes

Is that the reason the UK left the EU?

It may not seem obvious now, but wait until a tyrant seizes power.

I have a list of reasons why I own firearms, and admittedly, tyranny is at the very bottom. It is close to a non issue, and there are a lot better uses for firearms which I can list. However, that chance is still there.

1. Robbers
  2. Rapists
  3. Druggies
  4. Crazies
  5. Wild animals
  6. Rabid animals
  7. Terrorists
  8. Tyrants
1 Like

I guess that is supposed to be some witty comment, about something not having anything to do with personal freedom at all, but good try.
As for your list, i’d think it is time to move to another neighbourhood if 7 of these 8 points you listed are common occurrences in ones life and only tyrants taking over the country is seen as less likely. :wink:

None of those things are common occurrences in the life of any middle-class north american.
It’s about the fear.
These people, they’re just so afraid, they’re deathly terrified of all these things that aren’t actually going to happen.
And that fear, it makes them unable to discourse rationally on the topic.
Fear is the mind-killer.

All these reasons are fear based.

That list was mostly why I concealed carry; here is a more everyday use list.

1. Hunting
  2. Plinking
  3. Range toys
  4. Accuracy training
  5. Speed training
  6. Matches
  7. Collecting
  8. Building
  9. Hand loading

I realize the chance of me having to use my CCW is slim to none, but as I said before, that chance is still there. I would rather have and not need, than need and not have.

2 Likes

The words a pack rat or a hoarder use when they are revealed as such.

I wear a seatbelt when I drive. I don’t NEED it, but I have it. Same with my airbags.

1 Like

Where i live all of these are legally required. If it weren’t the vast majority would neither use the seatbelt as is obvious from the time where it was still optional, nor would car companies have them in most of their models.

Ok, good point…

When I ride a motorcycle, I have a helmet on which is law. But, I also wear a jacket, boots, and pants. Those aren’t required. But, just like utfanx2, I rather have and not need than need and not have. Does that make me a hoarder as well?

Many people carry a pen around, not because they strictly need one, but ‘just in case’.

The logic of “better have and not need, than need and not have” is a sound one, as long as it applies to something reasonable. Carrying around a pen or a gun is reasonable when comparing the effort to what you can potentially gain. However, carrying a table and a chair around “just in case” is obviously ridiculous. Same thing with hoarders, the base logic may apply to each single item they keep, but overall what they are doing is so exaggerated, that the original logic is lost.

1 Like

I read “AR-15” in the title and I just knew this thread was going nowhere good.

I’m locking this thing in the interest of keeping things civil and sane around here.

If you’re reading this and thinking of starting your own thread about the hyper-divisive topic of guns in the US, just don’t.

6 Likes