Worse than Bone Dragon: The Invisible Threat

sure thing
make a diffferent invade team, banning ALL units you have used last (and previous) week(s) for invade and so on.
take all the old troops out of the locker dustin in the attic
this might take a while as you need to plan to utilise dwarf miner, peasant and so on, cant just put them all in one team u will need to ‘ration’ them…

there, your fights will become harder longer and less boring, problem solved

oh lets go on even further, once you finish playign all the troops in game (since they add usually 2 per week and u need 4)
u can go with this:

• 1 day: team using only evented kingdom troops
  • 1 day: using only troops that were added in last 3 events
  • 1 day: using troops from last 3 evented kingdoms, where must use at least one troop from each kingdom, and at least one troop evented this week
  • 1 days: team using only troop types that were in the glory bundle this week, and at least one troop evented this week
  • 2 days: team that will include at least one mythic that was added recently + troops who either: are from evented kingdom / evented type / evented color
    -one day using any team

I’m entirely missing the point behind making this topic oO

“hey everyone, there’s a super-overpowered team out there that doesn’t care about what you’re facing at all, and I HAVE IT, and YOU DON’T (but trust me, you don’t want it, it’s evil). And I will keep using it, because … I … must … just … have … to… but I won’t tell you what it is, nanananana naaaaa!” a.k.a. fuck you everyone:
a) those who use that team, because I decided you shouldn’t,
b) those who don’t know the team, because I’m not sharing it".

did I understand your thoughts behind this topic well? as you see it required a lot lines less to convey the message.

Why not PM Sirrian or Nim directly? If you just intended to piss everyone off and pain a bulls eye on your back (because ppl will be either upset that they don’t know about this team, or those who do - that you bring it up to the light) - mission accomplished I guess, congrats.

I would ask what gives you the right to decide what I (or anyone else) thinks, and whether someone would enjoy using a faceroll team or not, but meh, life’s too short to open that particular can of worms.

e/ just a suggestion though - if you think it’s a “problem” - do share the team with everyone. If people start mass-using it - then that’ll bring the attention you are seeking to the issue and maybe then it’ll get changed. That’s what happened to Mab right after she was released.

3 Likes

I actually fully understand where @Kurokazna is coming from.
I’m sufficiently competitive that I would want to use a team that is at least in the top 5% of performance (and in this case performance is measured by resources gained / minute) or I will feel bad with myself.
However I will also feel bad with myself for playing this game if the game becomes too repetitive.
I would like a game to use both carrot and stick to encourage diversification and/or reward skill more.

An interesting question though is how many of us are this way of competitive.

To put this into context, in Magic: The Gathering, which is a two person (basically) cardgame, decks that hardly interact with the opponent and can win on turns one, two or three consistently are basically banned from official tournaments because the developers have banned one or more cards that it requires to achieve this. Sometimes it is the combo itself (it’s always a combo deck), but often it is also the enabler that speeds it up hugely (like Mercy would be for us).

This example from MtG is I think a lesson worth picking up on.

2 Likes

All I could think of after reading the main post:

3 Likes

xD, this is one of the most ridiculous topics I have ever read.

I have a team that VERY few people have, it’s the BEST team, the greatest team in the world.

You think you want to use the team but actually you don’t, because it takes all the challenge out of the game and this needs to be fixed.

Then you proceed to disregard the obvious solution to your ultimate secret team shenanigans because…efficiency.

10 Likes

^CONFIRMED

1 Like

you can personally set up challenging team by your standard in your own defense team and fight yourself and change it and fight yourself over and over again. that would break the boredom.

No kidding, Its exactly like the complaining it hurts when you hit yourself.

@Kurokazna
As a side note. PC/mobile players really need the task system, to “help” break them out of using the same team endlessly. There is nothing like PvP Invade with an all Construct team. :wink:

10 Likes

is this “the” team? :grin:

1 Like

I have read the entire thread and I suppose I could say thank you to @Kurokazna because I now I am motivated to find this mythical team.

But I think that the frustration you are receiving is in response to the fact that its a bit pretentious for you to claim this awesome team, not disclose it, and then defend yourself by saying it in our best interest.

You remove the pretentious tone of the post by changing EITHER of those two comments after the claim.

1. Make Claim of Awesome Team, don’t disclose it, and then defend yourself by saying its in YOUR best interest not to share this powerful build. (Ok, may not still like it, but we can respect it.)

2. Make Claim of Awesome Team, DO disclose it, warn us to use at our own risk because it leads to burnout.

Sorry if this sounded soap-boxy, not my intention… :wink:

5 Likes

But, Its too good to stop… but, its hurts soo much.

13 Likes

I watched this gif for far too long. It’s mesmerizing.

6 Likes

Spock, help me.

2 Likes

In our Line chat, there are 4 or 5 teams of this caliber. We do have a policy of not sharing those teams outside of Intrim, but I will say most of the base combos are known, and it’s the way they are used that is wrong.
Most new team builds are just variations, with 2 new team ideas/combos coming from troops released in the past few weeks.
They are not my teams to share, though XLS has shared some of his own creations.

Finally, Kuro has uninstalled the game, but she remains in our group chat, and may return later.

What’s the point of not sharing teams? I always try to help any player I see the best I can and as far as I know 99% players do the same. Doesn’t matter if they are in my guild, new and have no guild, or a player from a guild that’s directly competing with us on guilds leader board.
The fastest team I ever used to invade is the infamous defense MMDBBD. Matches are under 1:30 even at slowest case scenario. I don’t see why wouldn’t you share the info.

6 Likes

xD this topic is now even more crazy.

So just to be clear.

Kuro posts about her super secret team taking everything out with ease, and that it makes the game boring.

She then proceeds to say no one else is allowed to know about this super secret team because it would ruin the game “FOR THEM.”

We then proceed to explain that if she wants a CHALLENGE to dial down her team and use one that isn’t as crazy. Her response is that it’s not efficient.

So she wants to be as efficient as possible, but also wants a challenge? Those two things are damn near opposite and most definitely don’t go hand in hand, especially as far as games go.

Finally she quits the game because her team is too efficient and she is bored.

Does that about sum it up?

11 Likes

isn’t that policy number 2? number 1 is obv having attained a level of excessive smugness right? :grin:

15 Likes

What crazy times we are living these days…
DonBoba got a Horseman…
People assembled a team so OP they decided to quit the game…

What’s next?
Slimes of all the other colors? We already got the imps.
Dokkalfar being buffed? :grin:

12 Likes

Now that’s just crazy talk.

9 Likes

1 Like