Why does mana sometimes not register on dual color troops?

Ok, I’ve been playing for a couple of weeks, doing ok in my guild, but I’m puzzled by something: I’ll look at a dual-color troop who’s at 7/10, rub my rhetorical hands together as I contemplate filling its pool with an available match, and after completing the match and seeing the mana flow animation, the count is still at 7/10. I’ve also had a case where I scored 5 mana combined of both colors for the troop, and the total only went up by a couple of points. I almost always have only one troop of a given color, and understand the troop ordering, so the mana isn’t showing up somewhere else, it’s just having no noticeable effect.

Thinking it through I’ve considered that rather than both colors combining into a single pool it may be that they are tracked separately, and the listed total represents the larger of the two totals, but I’ve seen nothing in the available documentation to indicate that. Anybody want to resolve my confusion?

Do you have other troops that share either of those colors?
With troops that share mana colors, the first troop in the team will be filled before the second one.

As I said originally

I almost always have only one troop of a given color, and understand
the troop ordering, so the mana isn’t showing up somewhere else, it’s
just having no noticeable effect.

The “almost always” was largely related to Arena games, aside from my desperation play against Golgoroth (or whatever his name is).

You’re not crazy. It was a well known bug for a while, then they fixed it for a while. It’s now back with a vengeance. My color changing teams are useless at the moment.