When will vp be fixed

I am getting so frustrated with pvp i got a bann yesterday cause i lost my temper when i got home and was now in sec with over 1200 more fights than 1st. How long is this going to keep going cause if the high level players keep terting to keep up there willbe mass burnout

3 Likes

Well they “solved” it by nerfing journey troops, so lower levels can’t play pvp anymore. I guess they forgot about the in between people who can do without them xD

If it makes you feel any better, Kafka took a look at your PvP records and decided you were scoring so low because you only chose the lowest VP options :slight_smile: We have been using your scores as clear indication of how broken the system is and i feel sorry that the amount of effort you have put in every week is not earning the rewards it should. We have been arguing to them about the low VP “choices” we are given ever since the update and it seems their plan is basically to ignore it and hope it goes away at this point.

I know probably 99% of your fights have been worth 30 VP or less, and i would be incredibly upset if that was happening to me.

4 Likes

Every fight of mine is 25 points does not matter if its 1 or 2 or 3 t i get 90 maybe 1 in a 1000 fights so yes i take the 1 t which are usually 3 t anyway there is absoulty no differnce between my 1 or 2 or 3 t fights its just a shame cause if the new system was properly balenced pvp would be very enjoyable again but having to grind out 1200 more fights for the same points

6 Likes

do be careful about calling them out like that, as it will likely just get your post deleted and ignored, i would recommend editing it. The person i referenced is basically just a forum mod, not an actual dev, but the are on the staff and its better to keep them happy if possible.

2 Likes

Heres the fight totals so far

2 Likes

even if each battle is 15-20 seconds with loading times…

that is depressing.

2 Likes

I would just buy the marks tbh. 120 aint worth playing 24/7.

2 Likes

yeah be carful with unedited screen shots and calling them out, not long back from a 2 week ban

Just horrible lol

This is cruel.
1200 extra fights, is so wrong.
Devs need to do something about this.
It’s not even the slightest bit fair, to you or other high levels.

TL;DR - Give endgamers their books, they’ve waited long enough for em. #freeRob

Regardless of intentional malice towards endgamers the PvP global leaderboard is just not an equitable system. Both it and the new leagues are designed to promote PvP play but the current maths decentivize a player the more they’ve invested in the game. It’s far from fair that my lvl 1400 “upper-lower-midgamer” self can work 25% as hard to match my guildmate’s VP just cuz he’s an OG.

Suggested fix: make the T1/2/3 VP scaling the same for all players. Utilize the Exalted Tiers to corral everyone into groups of similar power levels. When you move up in ET you move out of that Leaderboard.

1 Like

Not to mention that the optimal strat to earn gold marks is to get demoted on purpose to farm the top-3 marks in easier leagues. No point staying in a league or trying to promote if you get no rewards for anything worse than 3rd place.

5 Likes

Maybe that’s why no one ever really gets demoted…I tried!

i was able to get my 6500 and demote 2 weeks ago, then got 1st the next week, might not get demoted this week though sadly.

Wow! Glad to know there is some hope. The number one spot for my ladder last week was someone who was top 5 on the global leader board. I play a LOT and I will never come close.

I agree, that is seriously unfair. Like you, I hardly ever get more than 25-30 base VP. Although I have no intention to chase the pvp leaderboard, it still ticks me off to have to do nearly twice the amount of battles to finish all weekly goals compared to those who are half my level, even though they could win almost as quickly as me.

If the devs insist on VP awards being based on hero level, then they need to make it so that the 3 trophy battles are always against opponents who are higher level than you, even if that means having some fake level 3000-4000+ accounts to accommodate the highest level players.

1 Like

The funny thing is I don’t even know if that’s optimal. My Diamond league has been one of my easiest weeks so far.

While 25k VP is not 0, its basically 0 in terms of effort to 120 Gold Marks gained in the current system. I’ve had to do more effort for less in the prior weeks.

This is definitely an issue. While not as high a level as Rob, because I’m 2k+ so the majority of my battle options all only award a limited number of base VP points, frequently 25. The first two weeks I worked hard and made it into the top 100, then recognized how badly I’m disadvantaged. Because of this, I tried to get demoted last week, I ended up middle of the pack and got promoted anyway. Trying for a demotion again this week and I know I’m not the only one of your most active players who have made that decision.

I was excited about the new PVP system for the first two weeks. Now looking like it’ll be exactly the same as the old one. Do the minimum amount to get the PVP goals done for the gold marks and call it good.

I agree with McDoubleDad. Seems like a bad choice to punish your most active players over time by penalizing them for being successful at leveling up. Player level has little to do with how difficult a battle is going to be. Base the VP awarded on team score or opposing player current win streak or anything else that doesn’t penalize your most active players by making it next to impossible for them to compete.

4 Likes

geez, yea you lucked out. I think its safe to assume though that after a few more months, probably the top 3 leagues will be populated by the ppl who play a lot of PvP every week. 2 weeks ago i had someone in my amethyst(?) league with over 100k on thursday. The whole thing just makes literally 0 sense.