Garbage PvP IMO, let's discuss!

2 things come to my mind.

A. How long is it going to take until you devs fix the lag in between battles?

B. Why am I punished as a high level 2200 player with low vp points almost ebery battle?
So I have to fight twice as much as lower level players.

Anyone else have any complaints cause the only few positives I see are… well i’m drawing a blank.

Thanks for reading, let’s discuss and your feedback is appreciated.

21 Likes

I see it the same way, it’s a punishment if you have a high level

6 Likes

I am level 1400, so I get the benefit to score 122VP per battle easily, however the loading time is horrible. Even though I was ranked 6 last week and currently holding ranked 7 this week, it is painful. Please fix the issues if you can. Thank you.

1 Like

Outside the three main criticisms; server performance, point scaling by level difference and failure to save teams for defenses; the general feedback appears to be mostly positive. And I am confident, that at least two out of three will be worked on in January (I still think, the update should have been delayed until then).

I would agree with that positive mindset as well, the new game mode sure is promising and far more entertaining than the old one. I’m a little worried, that it will increase the grind factor, but otherwise I like the way it is built.

Best update since… I can’t even tell for sure, when was the last one, that had more up- than downsides for me…

3 Likes

The new changes in general are great. my only complaints are:

1.No way to farm gold marks, even if it was really slow, there should be some way to farm as many as i want, like how silver marks are

1. Silver marks will be completely worthless in a few months once players buy 1 copy of each pet.

2. The way VP is calculated means that higher level players (i feel really bad for 2500+) will have to play more battles to score the same points as lower level players. With a gap of 1000 levels, this can be nearly twice as many battles needed for the same score.

When they go about adding new stuff to PvP over the next year, my first 2 complaints might just get addressed, but the third one is something that needs to be looked sooner rather than later.

I am not experiencing any of the lag that others are, so i cant really comment on that, but i assume that is a bug, since they are looking into it, but it could also be listed as another complaint.

5 Likes

You’re right, we have to stay positive but constructive criticism doesn’t hurt. No point in lying to them and saying it’s great when it’s not.

However patience is a virtue and yes it’s the holiday so we’ll just have to wait and see how all this gets addressed.

I’ve been here for almost 8 years now and haven’t quit yet so I’m definitely patient with them. Thanks for your feedback. :+1:

2 Likes

Very well put. I agree with you on all that. Let’s hope they take what we say with some serious consuderation.

After all we are the beta testers so we have to tell them what to fix.

I like the concept @Santandrix and think PvP did need a refresh but unfortunately and as always they have found new ways to screw up an update. They really have no idea unfortunately, and I really have no idea why we keep playing.

3 Likes

I stopped playing pvp once I get the 20 rewards. The server is just painful. Saturday even explore started doing it so I stopped that too. Not going to try and play a game where the battles won’t load.

4 Likes

“Mostly positive” once you’re ignoring three massive failings (that we can currently point to) is still a reach.

There is a basis or framework for something that could be great, sure, and there is still positivity or at least hope based on that. But the fact is there are still far too many unknowns on how this is all going to play out that make some of us hesitate to be so optimistic.

Being dumped in buckets of dead accounts all in very tight level groupings and calling it a league is pretty awful. Saying it’ll all sort itself out over time is wishful thinking. It didn’t happen last week because I’m in the same kind of wasteland this week and expect to be next week - there’s no evidence for that yet when loads of dead accounts were promoted last week and will be again this - who knows how this all plays out in the lower leagues where you’ve got 1000s of dead accounts being demoted into lower leagues. It might take many months before we’ll know.

Then there’s the region restrictions themselves, they are obviously going to have their own little tight metas, everyone is going to gravitate towards obvious choices from a smaller selection. On top of that, having to actually re-build teams from scratch when you want to change is pretty terrible.

There’s more but I’m not writing an essay today. “Mostly positive” is hand-wavey for all kinds of potential issues we have no good reason to be that positive about.

6 Likes

I don’t really care what you all think. This is a great update that gives you ~1 free book per week. Not sure what all the complaints are about. All you need to do is about 15 games per day

3 Likes

Needs the finisher: For the rest of your life. And then you have Invasion (current weekly event). Dungeon. Underspire. Adventure Board. Explore (for medals). Spirit of Giving Event. Vault keys (to get those troops unobtainable from anywhere else). Class Trials. Pet Rescues. And then you add whatever weekend event that is running (more delves).
Most people do not have the time or inclination to have a game be actually a 2nd (or 3rd) job.

4 Likes

Which, compared to the previous 4 per day, is a massive increase. I used to finish my weekly Pvp on mondays, and I would guess, a lot of other players handled it in a similar way.

2 Likes

Yes but what were you getting in the old pvp? Some souls? I guess if you don’t care about books then you don’t have to bother

1 Like

I’m a simple mind. I don’t play modes for specific rewards. I play them to mark them as finished on my mental checklist (I wish, I could say, that I simply played for fun). If I started to calculate, which features have the best time to reward ratio, playing would feel even more unhealthy.
And, as mentioned, this does take quite a bit longer now, even if there wasn’t a lag.

7 Likes

Progression penalties are seriously out of hand. The reward for being a long time active player is that at some point (as the brackets shake out) I will unable to compete for top spots.

17 Likes

yup i brought this up in the discord server, saying that a difference of 1000 levels between players means the higher level player needs to put in ~2x as many battles as the lower level and had people laughing me off saying it was 1.2x at most… luckily im only ~1500 so i get plenty of 70+ VP fights, but 2000+ have a real rough time of it. Hopefully they realize how awful a system this is when they get back in january and do something about it

6 Likes

But please feel free to enjoy being worth loads of points to lower level players and watch as your defence stats fall through the floor as we offer them your random troops to maul.

3 Likes

VP earned in a battle should be a base amount weighted by the difference in combat power between the offense and defense, plus the bonuses afterward. That would drastically reduce the discrepancy between player levels that we see on the leaderboards. After all, there is marginal difference between the stats of a 1500 and a 2000 or 2500, but the leaderboards certainly don’t reflect that based on the average VP gain per win.

6 Likes

The tricky part is, that you would have no estimate on your earned points in advance at all. The team select screen comes after the enemy screen, so the game does not “know” yet, which troops you are actually going to use. And if you set the points based on your last used attack team in the kingdom, the whole thing can easily be manipulated by switching between a low point and a competitive team.
It is a more reasonable solution than what we got now, but there might be still better approaches possible.