What is your favourite hero weapon?

Also the Winter Woe weapon is pretty good for mono-blue… High damage and entangle the first enemy…

=) haha Nah, I meant the Spark Rocket, the sparkly, sturdy toy which vibrates until you see fireworks.

Yeah, it’s arguably the best one for Blue, but still not amazing. Blue has yet to receive its Kris Knife, its Skull Blade or even its Bullroarer, is what I’m getting at. There’s also Withering Touch, which has dropped down significantly in value in the 1.08 meta of level 15 troops, but can still be the right pick in some line-ups, and the two Khopeshes are also solid (*). If hard-pressed, pretty much all of the other old-school, vanilla “deal X damage to Y” ones can get the job done in a pinch as well, although they’re far from exciting. Ghost’s Bane has the best boost ratio (2:1 vs 3:1 for the others), but it also wipes its own color, and targets the healthiest enemy, which makes it pretty sucky. The basic Knight’s Sword is probably the best bang for your buck.

(*) I’ve just noticed there’s a situation pretty close to the Spellfire > Staff of the Magus, for these two, by the way:

Only 1 more damage for 2 more mana? Not a good deal. :-/

It’s sort of okay. Arena mana is mostly multiples of 3, due to the absence of kingdom banners. Unless you get a 4-match in, both weapons tend to be ready after the same number of moves.

In the arena, I like the Mang. My red and brown masteries are really high, so I’ve got a good chance of mana surge there. It wipes out someone’s shield, does true damage and raises my attack by the amount of shield destroyed. So one or two uses and I can usually wipe out any enemy with one set of skulls.

I’ll keep my hero at the top to get the full use out of a large attack.

I’ll usually build a team around it. I try to get characters that convert to red or brown gems, and try to avoid those that take skulls off the board.

You’re not wrong, but it doesn’t have to be a 4 gem match; any mana surge or any spell that feeds you Blue can also come into play. So all in all, I’d rather have a 10 damage spell that has a fair chance to activate after 2 matches, than an 11 damage spell which will most often take 3. I agree the difference would be much worse if the costs were 8 vs 6, though.

I don’t have many non-monocolored weapons yet and I indeed use them mostly in Arena. One weapon that has found a good room outside of the Arena is Yasmine’s Chalice in my Rockworm team (Hero w/ Yasmine’s, Deep Borer, Rock Worm, Emperina). The free turn with enough green is very useful (I can do it in between Rock Worm spam), it’s two types of mana I didn’t cover yet and it supports the idea of keeping Rock Worm alive.