So one further nuance on the Agile trait - and a coding issue I think.
Looks like it rolls the 30% dodge chance ONLY ONCE per ‘volley’ of skulls, so if you (for example) fire Sheggers or KoS and fill the screen with skulls, the 30% chance (which by my recall bias feels more like 75% chance) dodges ALL the 100s of points of damage from all the skulls matched at once.
Conversely, if you get a cascade, so skulls-match, then gems drop and another skulls-match, these count as separate ‘volleys’ and so the 30% dodge chance rolls separately for each one (and I have seen the Centaur dodge the first two in the chain and then get hit by the third ‘volley’ in the cascade of skulls).
I think this is a REAL issue - it treats all simultaneous skull matches as a SINGLE dose of damage and rolls the Agile trait once to prevent all of it or none of it. That (together with my recall bias) makes the Agile trait even more over-powered - that’s a 30% chance to near completely negate the Sheggers/KoS cast, which cost tons of mana to build up.
Unclear if this is how it’s intended to work, or just a consequence of current coding approach with batches of skull damage.
Obviously, I feel it should treat each ‘line’ of skulls as a separate attack and roll them all separately - in which case filling the screen with skulls is likely to get past the Agile trait - which surely is how it should be?
EDIT - so I’ve just seen the exact same situation resolve differently, in that:
- KoS fired and made at least three different skull matches in separate 3s/4s
- Hobgob with Agile trait - saw the Agile trait flash up but the Hobgob still died from attack damage
- i.e. the trait rolled and prevented some of the attacks but not alll?
- so am now unclear - maybe it does roll separately?
- yet I have seen Agile prevent all the damage when the screen was full of skulls in blocks that made dozens of separate 3s/4s, and cannot believe that a 30% rolled simulatenously on 12+ rolls
A view please @Sirrian when you get a moment?