Memorial for Centaur Scout

Who remember back in the days when Centaur Scout was OP, and seeing him paired up with Bone Dragon was like watching John Wick dancing with the Devil under the pale moonlight?

Alas, there will never be a centaur like the Centaur Scout again. :cry:

8 Likes

I remember those days well @Sidousai. Both he and Glade Warden were used a lot with Bone Dragon.

3 Likes

The days when we thought a common attacking through armor was OP because you could kill in 3-4 skull matches.

Now we have a common that can kill in a single skull match. And it freezes too.

8 Likes

I came later it seems but i remember when famine was thought to be OP… Oh wait… Nvm…

4 Likes

I just like the sound of it.

1 Like

Yep, Centaur / Glade Warden, Valk, Hero (Sheggra’s heart), Sheggra was a great team. If I remember correctly Centaur had agile trait too :D.

1 Like

How about skeleton on top? :smiley:

1 Like

Realistically it was two skull matches usually, and they had Agile, and they were everywhere… and pretty broken…

Equally daft idea.

1 Like

I think this is a good thing…

I suspect also in the title of the thread you mean Memorial not Memorandum?

1 Like

Memorandum for Centaur Scouts:

The night crew noted suspicious activity in the east fields. Be sure to scout the area twice today.

Also, do not forget the recent schedule changes. Your lunch break will now begin at 11:15, not 11:45.

And if your route takes you along the river bank, please be sure to pick up any trash that has drifted ashore. Those disgusting gnolls have been dumping stuff in the water again.

Thanks.
The Herdmaster

14 Likes

OK yea, English’s not my native language. It was also late night for me at the time.

1 Like

Centaur Scout? Glade Warden? Pish posh. Try 3x Skeleton + Hero with Prismatic Orb when Skeleton’s mana cost was lower and his spell boosted attack instead of armor. Fun times. :wink:

3 Likes

Revenant was the one that boosted attack wasn’t he? I seem to remember him boosting attack back in the early days and I’m pretty sure the long forgotten tau was another one.

Also daft…

Mind, some of us are old enough to remember the single worst meta time… when Webspinner made 13-14 gems with each cast, but only 2 damage, and the AI would loop it again and again and again and again and again… it was on every defence, we had way fewer mana drain or defensive options, and all you could do was watch it loop slowly for hours until you died… if you were lucky the AI would miss a cast to match some skulls and you had a brief moment to try and do something on the green heavy board… however bad metatrollgriefcrap gets, we can hope it’s not as dark as those dark days…

8 Likes

Original Maw 3rd trait…1 cast of Bone Dragon and all was gone

1 Like

Remember when skull spam meant a whole team dead instead of just the frontlining troop?

(If you don’t : when you matched a lot of skulls at the same time, instead of dealing 100 damage to a troop with 30hp, the overkilling damage would spill to the next troop. It wasn’t rare to kill a whole team with one Soul Keeper cast with a front lining Abhorath)

4 Likes

I remember that. There was one player who had a 4x Webspinner defense and there was nothing I could do but avoid him.

1 Like

That was before traits existed IIRC

I started shortly before the Webspinner meta died so I barely experienced. But hopy crap was the he worst. I’d take True Shot/Agile or Maw/BD or Mantibore or even DK/DM over that.