What do you put on your hotdog?

It does but very, very little. So little in fact that I don’t think it should be legally allowed to be called mustard. I don’t know the exact amounts I’m sure you could look them up.

The mustard picture you posted would be mostly mustard.

The French’s product contains almost no mustard - instead the flavors therein are primarily derived from turmeric extract, sugar and vinegar.

Fun fact about KTH: I love mustard so much I make my own mustard spreads.

1 Like

Yeah, I agree with that, if you cant sense the mustard in your nose by eating it its a fake one.

1 Like

Does this mean you crush your own mustard seeds or merely season an already prepared mustard “up to snuff” as it were?

The particular system I use has been honed down over many years.

First I believe you must start with seeds and you must crush them yourself. The moment the seed is crushed the essentials begin to break down very quickly. So if you buy mustard powder, you’re already set up for failure.

The second aspect of pre-crushed mustard is that it tends to start absorbing atmospheric aromas very quickly. It goes stale for lack of better word. My sister once remarked jokingly that stale mustard tastes the way a dog fart smells. I can’t say I disagree lol :laughing:

Then you must decide if you want to have potentcy or shelf-life. By influencing the enzymatic actions in your recipes you can tune it to be hotter than the Infernal Kings undies, or you can tune it to have a shelf life longer than a UI complaint thread, but generally not both.

I would never try to adjust a pre-made mustard. I just buy the ones that taste in a way that I can’t seem to do on my own, and I eat them as-is.

I love all mustard. Fake. Not fake. Whatever. Give me all the mustard.

2 Likes

The next time (First Time) I’m in Canada, we will have to meet up for Horse Sausages and Krudler’s Special 'Stard!! :wink:

I love chicago! Hahahahahhahahaha!

3 Likes

I’m not gonna lie. That headline made me laugh. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Did you read the story?

1 Like

Insert an @eika Large, Knee-slapping emoji here!!!

2 Likes

lol… I did. You can’t make that stuff up. It would be a great entry for that dumbest criminals show,

2 Likes

Exactly and a perfect fit for this thread lol

1 Like

@efh313

2 Likes

Speaking of dumb criminals:

It’s 15 degrees below freezing and you’re carrying out a kidnapping naked. Makes sense.

P.S. I love Edmonton.

3 Likes

I knew from the headline that drugs had to be involved in that one. :expressionless:

3 Likes

Well yeah… Lmao both befor AND after lolol

2 Likes

The latest theory (from a family member) is that they all ( knowingly) shared some kind of hallucinogenic tea over breakfast. Still, the idea of the 5 of them getting naked and agreeing to kidnap their neighbors while under the influence of said tea is hard to fathom. But I’ve never tried any hallucinogenic teas, so what do I know?

2 Likes

Give that guy a Darwin Award! :joy: