Web spinner needs to be seriously nerfed

So about these Webspinners…

If it’s out in front you can usually kill it before it casts… if it’s in 2nd or 3rd place, you have more of an issue… with a fast team (exploders, hobgoblin etc) you’ve some chance of taking it out early enough…

Silence or mana drain could help (though The Silent One is a bit flimsy and Moloch otherwise a bit rubbish).

My over-all view is somewhere between these camps… I think Webspinny is a little over-powered (relative to other troops) - but this game with the finite board-size hasn’t coped well with magic stats increasing for gem-spawners… 11 gems seems to be the tipping point that you most often get extra turns over and over… so whilst with skill and/or luck you can beat Webspinner, it does have a material risk of just not making the battle fun…

…kind of a problem with a game methinks

I could go either way on this. I still don’t have a Webspinner and very much want one. Normally I’m all right defending against them. The Webspinner is usually only a problem if she’s well-protected, which on most teams he isn’t–and on teams where she’s in 3rd, often Venoxia is up front, sucking away the mana. Lots of people don’t use this card effectively–same with Gloom Leaf. And there’s always a trade-off no matter what you do. But once the Webspinner gets going, it does seem like it takes a very long time to stop.

My favorite team does have one big advantage: It includes the Herdmaster, so I have a built-in cleanse against poison. No legendaries on my team at all, and it usually fares pretty well against Webspinner kits.

I have webspinner and I rarely ever lose a match. But she is definitely not a guaranteed win.

Headmaster is definitely frustrating when I am using webspinner.
strong text

pfff… webspinner.

I saw, fought and won without any problem was first second third or fourth in the queue (regardless of level or rival kingdoms). which cards are no problem, “silenced” worm hihi. he rest as above ShibFate wisely wrote himself can not beat the whole team :sunglasses:
peace and cheers :beers:

before the fight

4 minutes later

Your opponent made 1 deadly mistake: never place webspinner in the first slot.
It might look like good, but it will usually be killed first. :wink:

But hey, his mistake is good for you. :smiley:

4 minutes seems a long time. I like to be done in around 2 mins, which is why I find Webspinny so boring/annoying if he gets a chance to get spinning those greenies. I think he is slightly op tbh.

I’ve taken up a new hobby - swatting Webspinners with this team:

Hero (Daemonic Khopesh) + Herdmaster + Ragnagord + Dark Song.

If I see a Webspinner coming (going into FoT, or an enemy I remember has them) then I switch in this team and the Webspinner bites it within a few turns…

Herdmaster is my favourite against Webspinner, definitely. Also, anyone eating green to boost its effect (like some weapons or the Goblin King).

That is a neat team Jainus. All round effective not just spinneys :blush:

True, though far less effective (and slower to win) than my usual PVP teams - does lack hitting power against anything not green - though seeing Dark Song OHKO a Hobgoblin is very, very satisfying…!

The hero’s weapon is picked for speed, based on finishing off the Webspinner once Dark Song batters it down to just c. 5 Life… Cheers @Esslee!

Likewise - my favoured powerteam will get 'em but I love trying out new combos…keeps me at this game every day :wink:

I agree with Jainus : I use two exploders with the Silent one and Hobgoblin which most of the cases , it is very speedy enough to wipe out the webspinner team. However when A1 gives more opportunities to opponent with mana charges then nothing to stop them and I lose.

I don’t have any problem beating Webspinner decks, it’s just the fact that it’s all I ever face anymore. 9 out of 10 invades are against at least 1 Webspinner, it’s just the same fight over and over and over and that just isn’t interesting. Motivation to play this game is less and less every day, and it seems like more of a chore instead of a fun diversion. I’m jealous of the players under level 125 or so who actually get to fight different things, I miss those days. The other problem is, as some other posters have mentioned, once Webspinner gets going I’m just sitting there with nothing to do watching the game play itself, bored.

As for a solution, I’d hate to see someone’s favorite card get nerfed, so here are a few suggestions in no particular order:

1. A hard cap on computer controlled extra turns, like 3-5 or so.
  2. Make the gold you get on defense a set amount, instead of getting money from the matches your defense team makes. (I think that’s how it works, yeah?) One of the big bonuses to using Webspinner on defense is the gold you get from all the extra matches, take that away and less people will use it for defense.
  3. A “fast forward” button when the computer is taking turns.
  4. When you invade, instead of fighting a set team, the computer picks 4 from the defender’s highest level/rarity cards. Maybe even make it a choice for the invader? Like, you can pay some extra gold to fight a randomly selected team instead of their premade Webspinner deck.

I dunno if any of those are good and/or feasible from a programming perspective, just throwing some ideas out there.

Just fyi, my invade team is: Hero (Mountain Crusher); Carnex; Orion; Druid; Adana Banner; Ghulvania Home province. Works pretty well.

I am having fun today with
Heart of Sheggra
Summer Imp
Boar Rider
Alchemist

Only one Webspinner managed to even get to use her power once. Sheggra on the other hand was scary :wink:

I’d even love to have some troops that power-up for every extra turn the opponent takes. Perhaps where they heal and gain magic or something similar for every extra turn. Some kind of Goblin/Spider killer theme.

I do hate when my phone goes to sleep after the AI takes so many multiple extra turns.

1 Like