Vault Weekend data collection - for w/e 13 Sept

What was the chances they only applied it to the test servers?

or were they being cheeky by adding an extra 0.01% chance to the original value?

1 Like

So on xbox the achievement tracker before this vault event was at 0.03% of players. After 2 days of the vault event it is now… 0.03%

Another thing, I can accept I’m just unlucky finding many vault keys with none of them being epic due to rng. But where are the “lucky” players who are getting above 10%? There should be several players out there with 4,5,6 or more EVK. Where are they? They don’t exist because the true droprate is only 1% or even less.
@Alpheon @Ozball I think it’s time someone like yourselves took a look at this matter for us please.

5 Likes

Day 2: 1400 trophies (690 battles) 61 gnomes. 5 Vault keys. 0 Epic keys.
2 day total: 2900 trophies, 1429 battles, 126 gnomes, 10 vault keys, 0 Epic keys.

2 Likes

Not sure how this thread got hijacked by discussions about Pet Gnomes, but it is actually very clear.

Soul Gnome

• Drops Souls or Vault Keys with a higher chance of earning a Vault Key than a Pet Gnome

This is a comparative statement with the underlying starting point that BOTH Soul and Pet Gnomes drop vault keys. Open and shut case.

The fact that the FULL drop table for each gnome is not revealed is neither here nor there. We don’t see pet food mentioned anywhere. The blurbs for each simply highlight what each one does. The Pet Gnome’s primary purpose is pets, so that alone is enough in the early days without being completely legalistic.

1 Like

Here Is My Day One & Day Two Data.

Friday 11th September 2020 (Battles: 1640)
Pitty Vault Keys: 7
Found Vault Keys: 15
Epic Vault Keys: 0

Treasure Gnome: 74
Soul Gnome: 25
Jewel Gnome: 17
Mecha Gnome: 16
Glory Gnome: 20
Daemon Gnome: 10

Total Gnomes: 162

Saturday 12th September 2020 (Battles: 1579)
Pitty Vault Keys: 10
Found Vault Keys: 9
Epic Vault Keys: 0

Treasure Gnome: 58
Soul Gnome: 13
Jewel Gnome: 18
Mecha Gnome: 17
Glory Gnome: 11
Daemon Gnome: 11

Total Gnomes: 128

Feeling A Little Burnt Out Looking For This EVK Today lol

2 Likes

EDIT: Final cumulative results are posted below. Skip this post if you’re here collecting data.

Day 2 cumulative totals (includes Friday’s stats posted above):

Tracked gnomes: 271
Vault keys dropped: 22
Epic vault keys: 0

Plus another 46*3=138 treasure gnomes in vault battles that dropped no keys of any kind.

I’m starting to feel really stupid for playing this game. The worst part is knowing that even if the droprate is fixed, I’ll have to spend a third weekend grinding to get my one key/achievement. Please just give us one epic key as compensation; the rewards for it are garbage anyway, so it’s not asking for much.

Good luck to everyone else grinding and collecting data.

6 Likes

My gnome weekend is done. Total vault keys from gnomes, excl pity keys:
8 regular vault keys
1 epic vault key

1 Like

Hi Jana - any chance you can look at your gnome tracker and let me know what it is showing? e.g. 11/25

7/30 so that should be 82 gnomes?

1 Like

I thank you all for your efforts to track this data, but I do wonder if it is worth the effort. During Gnome weekends, gnomes and vault keys are increased. Nothing was said about epic vault keys. Therefore, wouldn’t it make more sense to track the data betwwen Gnome weekends?

And sorry if this is off-topic, but speaking as someone who failed to explain ‘how to calculate 10% of a number’ to my ex (she ended up in tears), but perhaps south of the equator, 0.1% (zero point one percent, the chance for a Mythic from a gem key), is instead read as ‘ten percent’. After all, to calculate 10% of 96 is to multiply 96 x .1 (but not .1%). And somewhere my ex is still crying.

If it can happen to Michael Bolton, the one from Office Space, it can happen to any of us. He was always mixing up the minor details such as decimal points. Nothing worth making anybody cry over.

Tl;dr: Create a EVK pity timer to drop at 1000.0 gnomeses.

2 Likes

I feel like it’s enough gnome hunting from this time around.

Gnome Tracker keys - obviously - not included.

Total games include - explore, 27 adventure board battles (1 gnome there) and casual PvP for Pet gnomes (as it doesn’t make difference if I one-shoot in explore or one-shoot in easiest casual).
I also added percentage for VK-from-all-drops, EVK-from-all-drops and EVK-from-all-VK.
My epic key dropped Saturday morning from Daemon Gnome #5 and was lucky thirteenth total vault key drop.

As a sidenote, I know three more people in my guild that found epic keys this weekend.

4 Likes

Battles: 3478
Gnomes: 331
Vault keys found: 21
Vault keys from tracker: 11

2 Likes

Update (cumulative results):

1079 explores
100 gnomes
7 vault keys (non-tracker)
0 epic vault keys

Is it true that winning the lottery has higher odds than an epic vault key dropping?

1 Like

Just to be clear, the Excel comment shows 17 VK + 1 EVK.
But the “Sum VK” in the sheet shows 26.
Can you please double check I have entered your data correctly in Google Docs? Link in OP.
Thanks mate.

151 gnomes
10 Vault keys (not including 7 keys from tracker)
1 Epic Vault key

I feel very lucky with that 1 Epic Vault key - I hadn’t heard that anybody else in my guild got EVK during this weekend and we were quite active, almost 70k trophies during the previous week. It’s definitely not 10%.

1 Like

It’ll be important to report two sets of statistics: one from the people who precommitted to recording data, and one from all data reported. The first one, while much smaller, will be much harder to dispute.

2 Likes

I agree. People tend to report extreme cases on the forum (about luck or bad luck), that’s why commitment about reporting results before gnome event (regardless of result) is important.

Weekend totals:
Battles: 1203
Gnomes: 117
Vault Keys: 10 (not counting the 6 keys I got from the tracker)
Epic Vault keys: 0

Although I didn’t announce it, i was precommitted to post my data.

Which ended up with:

Gnomes: 105
Vault keys (non-tracker): 9

And yes, i got 2 additional vault keys from those 5 extra gnomes after my previous update earlier. Cool hu :smiley: