Vault Weekend data collection - for w/e 13 Sept

I’ve had Pet Gnomes drop Vault Keys semi-frequently. I haven’t farmed any Pet Gnomes this event though.

1 Like

Look at this inconsistent and clearly wrong official information: https://gemsofwar.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000074455

It starts with “each gnome killed has a chance to drop a vault key”. Good start, because that seams to be the case.

Then it goes wrong:

• The red marked ones don’t have “vault key” in their drop description. While we know that every gnome can drop one.
  • The ones that have it, it sometimes is plural and sometimes singular. While we know very well only one key can drop from a gnome.

Orrrrrr does it mean that the red ones have a smaller chance to drop a vault key because the green ones have it in their “regular” drop table + a “very, very rare chance”? Aaaaand maybe there is a 1/99999999999 chance for some gnomes to drop multiple vault keys in one drop, which nobody ever saw?

@Cyrup needs to correct this :wink:

Well, if you consider my last paragraph, the info ìs actually correct but i doubt that xD

Pet gnomes cannot drop vault keys, I know that much. The wording on glory gnome makes no sense because treasure gnomes can’t drop glory (that’s why they introduced glory gnomes to begin with…)

All other gnomes can drop vault keys. Also, gnomes cannot drop more than one reward.

Pet gnomes can drop Vault keys which happened to me and many others multiple times.

9 Likes

One more confirmation that yes, pet gnomes DO drop vault keys. I have also gotten at least 2 vault keys from pet gnomes in the past :slight_smile: I even have a screenshot of it (July last year):

This was while pet rescue was active, so 2 white pet food and 1 vault key, but I’ve seen it drop 1 white pet food and 1 vault key as well.

5 Likes

You know that much? Of course pet gnomes can drop vault keys, believe it or not.

2 Likes

Pet Gnomes can indeed drop vault keys. I also have received from them multiple times. Mostly during Vault events.

Anyway, this thread is going a bit off topic now. If anyone wants to create a new thread about whether Pet Gnomes can drop keys (which they blatantly can,) then feel free to do so :wink:

1 Like

All of the times that those pet gnomes dropped a vault key was when a pet was already active. By design, I’m 100% certain that if a pet isn’t active, they cannot drop a vault key, they will spawn a pet instead. Can you imagine the uproar if players were trying to get pets for their guild and instead got vault keys? pet gnomes are already rare as is, limited to PvP only.

I’m only trying to justify why the website doesn’t say that pet gnomes can drop vault keys.

1 Like

No. I have received a vault key from Pet Gnomes when a rescue wasn’t active multiple times and it also triggered a new pet rescue. You are wrong about this.

14 Likes

To all pet-gnomes-without-vault-key conspiracists - please, don’t dilute this topic. We have a very slim chance to convince devs that they messed up again (and it will probably take multiple gnome weekends) and we really need to stay on-topic for that.

9 Likes

For what it’s worth, the devs did look into the epic key drop rates, like Kafka said they would. Supposedly they also increased the rate of epic vault keys compared to the first vault weekend. (The beta testers mentioned the issue in the beta discord and got a response.)

I can absolutely understand if this is difficult to believe, given the numbers posted so far. But it is what was conveyed to the beta testers when we asked about it.

2 Likes

Fair enough. It’s never happened to me but I don’t do PvP that much. So the website is wrong. Okay.

1 Like

Big if true. Strange that this wasn’t announced (not doubting you). I’m concerned that they just changed a number in the code without fixing a larger coding issue, so the rate is still far below what’s intended.

This came up also. The forums can be, ah, somewhat adversarial to the devs. Especially over controversial things like this. If the early numbers didn’t suggest that the drop rate really was increased, the response would be somewhat emotional.

Last vault event the rate was not 10%. There is not even to debate about that. Players with 100 friends of gem hard core players in their friend list with only 1 of them that got the achievement for finding EVK… guilds collecting 400 VKs with only 2 of them being EVKs…
It require a total dumbness about numbers to still debate wether it was 10% or not. The 2 questions: 1) was it 0,5% or 1% on previous Vault event and 2) is it the same crap on this actual Vault event.

1: I dont know
2: probably

5 Likes

Well, I definitely agree with that decision, at least. Hard to defend the forums, even if people’s frustration is justified.

Just posting to show Glory gnomes also drop keys. So the website needs an edit.

2 Likes

Last vault event I found 55-60 vault keys… can’t remember the exact number and im too lazy to look through the forums to find it. Between then and when this event started I managed to find 8 more keys from gnomes. At this point of the event I have found another 34 Vault Keys not including the bonus keys. I have yet to find an EVK.

That’s close to 100 Vault Keys without an EVK. if it is truly 10% of vault keys I would be the unluckiest player to ever play the game I believe.

Do I care that I haven’t found one… Nope.

1. The drops aren’t even that great. Why is a soul gnome in every EVK battle? shards are a crap resource that we can get tons of every week if we do the 3 daily’s and the tuesday event.
  2. I don’t play this game for the achievements so I don’t care that I have it unfinished.
    3.I’m not wasting my time because I go extremely hard every vault event because it’s great for overall resources even without keys…

But you should want your game to be working correctly for those players who do play for the achievements and don’t think vault key resources are garbage even with the recent bump.

I’m going to say I’m probably in the 1% of the top 1% of grinders for your game. I’ll end up this week with close to 30k trophies for the week with 18k of them coming over the 3 day event. If that’s not good enough to find 1 EVK during a vault event I think your coding is probably messed up even though someone wouldn’t like to admit it.

I’m sure you will figure it out at some point. I’ll give you my final data for keys and gnomes found tomorrow night.

9 Likes