Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, elit eget consectetuer adipiscing aenean dolor

As Requested by a Dev: A Thread about Devs' Actions/Inactions

Awesome!
I am looking extremely forward to seeing all your pure Faction teams that can complete a delve at level 500 without the aid of potions nor a hoard over level 200.
It’ll truly be an enlightening experience for us all. :grinning:

17 Likes

Plz share Dark Pits and Fang Moor pure-faction teams for level 500!

edit: whoops, beaten to the punch by resident curmudgeon himself. SHAME.

4 Likes

If you’re thinking of doing class events you’re doing it wrong :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Speaking of class events… The event today has an amazing selection of troops…

1 Like

While you are technically correct (the best kind of correct), Sorcerer event really only needs 1 troop: 3x Wall of Tentacles & a good AOE hero weapon not blocked by green or purple. I went with Dawnbringer & Bard class, since so many talents are beneficial to the team.

3 Likes

We were told this:

We observe this:

So we asked Wheres the Epic vault keys ? And we were told this:

So further ‘anecdotal’ data was collected:

And an interesting relevant comment was made:

let’s put aside the question of why would they increase the rate of epic vault keys compared to the first vault weekend, if they were truly ‘dropping as intended’

In addition to the well-documented track record by the developer ref. ability to control its code and willingness to acknowledge & correct QA shortcomings, we now may be facing a scenario where a small, hand-picked segment of the playerbase (those currently in the beta programme) are given access to information that should arguably be equally accessible to all players (e.g. alleged increased rate of epic vault keys compared to the first vault weekend), even though customers in the Official Forums continuously asked for further clarifications on the observed inaccuracy of the ‘10%’ ratio of Epic Vault Keys.

Noteworthy potential favoritism, should the trend persist.
:blush: :vulcan_salute:

11 Likes

I don’t appreciate the insinuation that beta testers get any sort of tangible benefit. But I begin to understand why Salty and Kafka no longer post in a casual manner here, when good-faith attempts at communication are twisted into accusations of malfeasance.

12 Likes

If any of the facts presented/quoted are inaccurate, do feel free to correct them. Alternative potential interpretations are also welcome.
:blush:

When the devs’ professionalism in their forum interactions was recently brought to the foreground through recurrent incidents (ref. Kurandara in chests), instead of readjusting the level of professionalism (see 18d ago in this thread), they seemingly chose to primarily reduce the interactions to convey essential information.

Now we hear that some of this information (not beta-related) is disclosed only to some players: where is the misinterpretation?
:thinking: :vulcan_salute:

1 Like

The danger here is that by avoiding the forums and drip feeding relevant info to the beta testers, the company PR (salty/kafka) are inadvertently (or God forbid, intentionally) creating a situation whereby the beta guys become seen as the only source of information, whether they have any info or not (they probably wont). This is extremely unprofessional no matter how you look at it but let’s face it, the actual game devs admit nothing in terms of errors and furnish their PR with some half baked ruse to try and convince players that “it’s not a bug”, and/or “its working as intended”. The truth is that their lack of admittance, eg “sorry guys we messed up so we are fixing a,b and c” makes the forums unpleasant for kafka and salty. They are being lied to just like the rest of us.

7 Likes

About the wrong 10% drop rate for EVK, here is how I see it:

They are playing the clock…new campaign is only in a few weeks and most of the players dont visit the forum so they just have to “play the dumb” with the forumers for a few more weeks writing “we checked the drop rate and all looks fine in our end” and other bs like that to then proudly put the EVK in the campaign 2 Elite pass (or elite +).

Wont be a prob for me as I wont buy any campaign pass anyway but I still hope to be wrong about that. Time will tell.

2 Likes

Unless and until Epic Vault key rewards are increased significantly, I kind of don’t care that I’ve never received one.

As it stands, it’s quite possible to get a reward from an Epic Vault key that’s worse than the haul from a regular Vault key, and that just seems nutty to me.

They should raise the minimum drop rates from the Epic Vault keys so that they are always better than the maximum drop from a regular Vault key. Otherwise, there’s no point in chasing them, or worrying about it.

2 Likes

But ins’t the whole OBJECTIVE of the official forums to provide an official channel for communication and to get feedback? What some could interpret with the current situation exposed is that now they are only listening to the feedback of a hand picked portion of the players and just as well playing favorites towards the beta testers.

If Salty and Kafka would have posted in the forums about the drop rate being increased it would be supported by the data collected.

5 Likes

Very much so, and this is not unprecedented: we are fortunate to have Lyrian transcribe some of the official information released only during certain Streams; people in our guilds who do not frequent the Forums are fortunate to have forum members who will inform them what is the scoring system in World Events…

A relevant distinction though: in both examples above, the information is publicly available, so anyone could theoretically access it if they so wish. This is not the case for anything disclosed to closed groups.

We were fortunate that a member of that closed group shared some of that information (even if s/he felt that his good faith sharing of information was somehow twisted negatively): the fact that the situation exists at all reflects on the company’s professionalism, not on the beta testers.

:blush: :vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

It was looked at, they adjusted. End of discussion. No special treatment.

Maybe if people asked nicely in the forums, without throwing shade, they might get answers. But that never seems to happen sadly.

1 Like

Going to disagree with you this one time. I have no issues with the adjustment, and even the lack of communication about it (would have preferred something of course, but whatevs). But. The evidence at the moment is very strongly pointing towards the drop rate still not being what is advertised. I think final clarification on the matter is really required and the radio silence from The communication Team makes communication, well, non-existent.

3 Likes

The players often inquire because, as we know, sometimes the chances/drop rates were implemented in the wrong way. Just like when Kurandara and Heart of Rage were wrongly added to the chests.

The main issue with this so far is that the drop rate was advertised to be somewhere around 10% and so far it doesn’t seems to be the case.

Using misdirection and blaming the players for not having sensible information in the official channels… Does anyone need to be even more polite that this to get an answer?

The rest of Mithran’s post is quite extensive, but very on point on the matter.

5 Likes

lol are you aware that the devs said the drop rate of Epic vault keys was 10% ? The reality is around 0.5 to 1%.
Maybe you dont really understand binomial probabilities but imagine that for all the hardcore players (collecting this week end around 40 to 60 Vault keys) who got 0 epic vault keys, its expected to have the same number of hardcore players who received 8, 10 or 12 Epic vault keys if the rate was truly 10%.
Where are all these hardcore players with 8 to 12 Epic vault keys? And where are even the ones with 4-5 EVK (which should have been the majority of hardcore players reward last 2 vault event week ends). Because with a drop rate of 10%, the odds to receive 0 EVKs are extremely small. Much much smaller than to receive 4,5 or 6 EVK. So to resume, amongst all the hardcore players, we should see for the most part players who received around 5 EVKs (will check that precisely and edit in a few) *

So its impossible to put the blame on the players on this one.
The drop rate is wrong either by incompetence or by deliberate lie.
Choose the option you prefer, its one of these 2.

• Expected probability to receive an EVK when collecting 57 VK with 10% chance for the VK to be an EVK (57 VK is the number that one of my guildmate collected and I saw several players talking about 40 to 60 VKs collected with all of them ending with… 0 EVK)

0 EVK : 0,25%
1 EVK : 1,5%
2 EVK : 4,8%
3 EVK : 9,9%
4 EVK : 14,8%
5 EVK : 17,5%
6 EVK : 16,8%
7 EVK : 13,6%
8 EVK : 9,5%
9 EVK : 5,7%
10 EVK : 3%
11 EVK : 1,4%
12 EVK : 0,6%
13 EVK : 0,24%
14 EVK : 0,08%

the group 3 to 8 Evk received is 82,1%…where are all these hardcore players with 3 to 8 EVK received?
Enough said. The drop rate was NOT 10%, very far from that. More like 0,5 to 1,5% probably. For the ones who still dont understand that after looking at this binomial probability exemple and still believe the devs and their 10% claim, well…numbers is not your main quality…maybe you rock in geography, grammar or history?

2 Likes

Good riddance! They are not even answering to a customer who report translation mistakes and other bugs since 2 years anyway. So no points in losing time in a casual manner here if they cant spend time here in a professional manner. I will repeat it: never ever in 40+ years of video gaming Ive seen more mediocre professional consciousness! They should be ashamed to treat their french speaking customers like that!
Is Sirrian even aware of that? What a terrible blow to the reputation of this company. Like if engaging in F2P was not already enough…

2 Likes

I’m not here for anything. I just like watching you flip out over a translation issue. I actually hope they don’t fix it just so I can watch you flip out with every update.

Its not totally true…you are here to write a useless and off topic post so thats already something.
If you have experience to share about devs actions and/or inactions that concern you, feel free to post them here in future. This thread is made for that.

2 Likes