Vault Weekend data collection - for w/e 13 Sept

I want to know from the people that got epic vault keys, how many times did you log in/close the game app in the course of this vault event?

Not a jab at playing too much, since I’m probably in the top 5% of play time this weekend, but I have my own theories about Gems of War that I want to get more correlation data for.

I have to log out and in anyway to invoke the Ads (Android), and I sometimes get the explore screen-locked bug, so I regularly restart. I got my EVK on my 3rd session (about 1hr each).

1 Like

I didn’t track number of fights because it’s too depressing

140 gnomes
10 keys
0 epic

This is the last time i waste countless hours searching for the impossible, previous vault weekend i did the same with 2 extra keys. Something needs to be done because this is beyond a joke, stop ignoring everyone and admit you lied about the 10%.

2 Likes

I play about 6 sessions per day of varying lengths throughout the Vault event.

Scratch that, I’m an idiot, didn’t comprehend that the question was for those that got a EVK. ;o(

how long would you say it took you to find the epic vault key after opening the game app?

Session 3:
eee(T)eee(T)eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee(T)[C]eeeee(T)eeeeeeeeee(T)
ee(T)eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee(T)eee(G)eeeeeeee(D)ee(T)eeeee

e.g. (e)xplore, (T)reasure gnome found, [K]ey/epi[C] found, etc.

Not sure how long the game has been open… lots of pets, tributes all day long

1 Like

Interim results - I have split out pre-committed and ad-hoc reports as per suggestion by @covertmuffin123

That number in scientific-format (bottom left red font) is the binomial probability of receiving 4 epic vault keys out of 234, should the individual probability of each key being epic be 10%. There is a 4 parts per 10-million chance of such an outcome, or 1 in 2.74 million. Still a higher chance for RNG to cause this than willing the lottery. :man_shrugging:

For those curious:

Google Docs formula =BINOMDIST(4,234,0.1,false)
Excel formula =BINOM.DIST(4,234,0.1,FALSE)

1 Like

6761/7435 battles per epic key. I knew it was close to .01% 1/10,000. The % per key seemed higher than last time.

I didn’t get an epic key, but I had to restart the game a couple dozen times due to the explore lock up bug. Unless that bug only occurs when using a controller, I’d imagine most people probably restated frequently.

I’ve never put much stock in claims of RNG streakiness, but I guess it’s possible that the random seeding is wonky.

I encountered 51 gnomes, earning 3 vault keys and 0 epic vault keys. (I did get Mist of Scales to 19 stars, though, so that’s something.)

Final stats for the weekend:

2167 battles, 227 Gnomes, 19 Vault keys, 0 Epic Vault keys.

I’m so disappointed in myself for wasting many hours again this weekend after the fiasco of the last one. Fool me once and all that. Never again.

1 Like

Here’s how the addition of Epic Vault Keys being announced went down:

Employee 1: “I’m writing about the drop rate of the new Epic Vault keys, do you know what the programmers set it to?”
Employee 2: “Yeah, it’s way less than Vault keys.”
Employee 1: “But specifically, you got a number I can put down?”
Employee 2: “What’s the chance for a normal Vault key?”
Employee 1: “No idea… but I just need the chance for an Epic Vault Key, not a regular Vault Key”
Employee 2: “Just uh, say 10%.”
Employee 1: “10% of what?”
Employee 2: “10% of whatever a normal Vault key is. That’ll give players hope.”
Employee 1: “Is 10% accurate though?”
Employee 2: “Could be, we’ll find out after enough players send us data!”

5 Likes

Reported my results last time, so was a foregone conclusion I’d do this time except I didn’t post I would :grinning:

5,250 trophies on explore. 50 on casual pvp. Does not include world event or pets that I took on and daily delves, although only did 1, just started most of them etc.

60% explore 12, 35% explore 5. 5% explore 3, 6, 7, 8 or 9.

233 gnomes
9 Pity Keys
20 Vault Keys
1 Epic Vault Key (obtained at 180 gnomes)

Misc

5.4 million gold
310k souls
2 Nysha tokens (:neutral_face:)
20 Anu
119 Cedric Tokens (:confused:) edit 149
1066 gross gems (-50 on Sunday diamonds)

Only 3 pets none mythic out of hourly pets.

No vault keys used.

I’m not bothered about vault keys, just go in on explore the one time each vault weekend.

Never again. :cold_sweat:

1 Like

60 vault keys
0 EVK

3 Likes

You can include my 8/1 in pre-committed as I did that in another thread.

1 Like

Thanks, updated. I thought I saw that somewhere. :slight_smile:
FYI You win the :four_leaf_clover: award as the only person with >10% epic key rate. :clap::clap:

1 Like

60 Vault Keys – you’re not including the ones you got mailed to you from gnome tracker, right? Cuz I don’t think those can be epic… not sure though.

Based on the screenshot, the guy has killed 783 gnomes. 60 is really not some kind of outlier in VK drops. That 0 EVK could/should be though.

Excel (Open Office, actually) shows 8 VK from Treasure Gnomes and 18 VK (17 ordinary + 1 Epic) from other gnomes giving a total of 26 VK.

1 Like

Day 3 (much less as all hope has deserted me) 400 trophies, 206 battles, 32 gnomes, 4 vault keys. 0 epic keys.
3-day total: 5400 trophies, 1635 battles, 158 gnomes, 14 vault keys, 0 epic keys.
And if you want a gnome counter that includes from last event, 236 gnomes, 19 vault keys, 0 epic keys.
I did not track battles in the last event, so if you only want this event numbers, that’s fine.

1 Like