Vash'Dagon and Essence of Evil

Platform, device version and operating system:
Steam, GoW version 4.4.0.09, Windows 10

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:

I was in a PvP match. My team was:

Mercy, +9 Doomed Statue, Arachnaean Weaver, Vash’Dagon. My hero was Thief, I was using Hunt, Shadow Scales, Wind Speed, Backup, Stealthy, and Child of Sky (level 96).

The enemy team was: Zuul’Goth, Gorgotha, Zuul’Goth, +10 Essence of Evil Thief with Hunt, Knight Throwing, Light Fingers, Backup, Stealthy, Child of Sky, and Rising Shadows (the culprit).

The enemy had just used Essence of Evil on my Mercy, so on my turn, I decided to use Vash’Dagon to devour it. The devour triggered, but then Vash’Dagon instantly died too because of Rising Shadows triggering. I didn’t expect this to happen on my turn… basically Rising Shadows is looking for enemy deaths, but devouring my own ally shouldn’t count as a kill/death for the enemy team.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?

It happens if it’s your turn and enemy has Rising Shadows talent and it triggers (7%) when a troop dies (for instance, Bombot, Fire Bomb I imagine could trigger this?)

Steps to make it happen again

1 Like

It really has nothing to do with Essence of Evil.

Any sort of team death ends up triggering the Rising Shadows talent check on the other team and unfortunately you got unlucky.

A battlecrasher can also trigger Rising Shadows which is equally funny.

It doesn’t matter how the death was triggered, just that a troop does die.

" Rising Shadows : 7% chance to assassinate the last enemy when another enemy dies."

5 Likes

@Tydda

Someone plays dual Zuul on steam. Who’d be that silly to make two :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Only the special cool ones have two Zuuls :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@Tydda Accept no imitations, you are the world number one! :grin:

1 Like

Always been so. Any enemy death can trigger rising shadows, regardless if is vash, elspeth, fire bomb, sacrificial priest, black beast, a random battlecrasher, etc.
Even sunbird triggers it now and then.

Thanks for the heads up about that. :slight_smile: