Until Bone Dragon gets re-adjusted

This actually makes me feel good knowing. I’ll check into that thanks.

1 Like

Much to your relief and delight, you will enjoy it when you see Kerberos attempt to devour Rock Troll, Behemoth, Lil Johnny, etc and fail. It is SOOOOOOO rewarding :slight_smile:

Well on xbox one i used him and he clearly can change blue for another blue… same for other guardians

1 Like

I’m looking forward towards that, I bet I will to the point where I’ll start my happy dance! :sweat_smile:

The console AI was always a little bit stupid/unpredictable. When they introduced the customizable AI with 2.1.5, they simultaneously upgraded the base AI, so now we have no idea whether the behaviour is regular stupidity/unpredictability, or a new kind of unpredictability introduced by a particular player tweaking their AI settings.

My experience is that once an opponent’s guardian team gets off a single cast, their turn won’t end until my troops are all dead. It’s not fun, and will only get worse as more players get their guardians ascended and traited.

5 Likes

Ew. Okay, thanks, good to know.

1 Like

That sounds like hell. That would represent an insta-uninstall for me.

3 Likes

LOL, you want no part of this, yea it sucks.

3 Likes

The teams only come up for me once in a while, so it is easy enough to avoid them for now. If a 4 guardian team becomes a widespread defence tactic, it will be unbearable. The game will be broken if the only way to win is to never give up your turn.

1 Like

As an end-game PC player I’ve been there since level 500. That is why you will see nearly 100% of the teams I recommend being total-board-control teams where passing the turn is only a last-resort. It is bad and getting worse but I do have hope. Everything I’ve seen about this game trends towards improvement. Everything… eventually… LOL :wink: :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Board control is a legitimate tactic though and there counters to it like Frozen.

It’s the mechanics that destroy player agency without matches that really irk me, like losing 3 troops to Death without any chance to cleanse.

3 Likes

I’m level 750+ on console and am borderline-endgame, but for the most part, still feel like I can use a variety of approaches and have good success. There have been a handful of troops that are able to spawn gems of their own color and self-loop continuously (Jarl, Lady Anariel, Rockworm, for example), but these have been balanced enough that they don’t usually feel game-breaking. The guardians feel broken to me.

1 Like

As I see it the underlying problem is that the Transform & Spell Effect >>> Mana Surge & Trait Procs & Extra Turn >>> Free Skull Cascade loop is an order of magnitude more potent (AND FAST) than any set of attacks anywhere else in the game.

There is no turn-ending spell or anything anywhere in the game that outperforms that loop. Turn-terminators as I call them… They are so far behind in terms of effectiveness they are not even in the same dimension of reality.

edit: So hard to have this discussion because I play PC you play console. No better/worse just different.

4 Likes

This is also part of what makes Mercy / Alchemist / Hellcat / Gard so effective. Mercy’s colors don’t overlap anyone else’s, so if she gets Frozen, she doesn’t block anything. If she gets Deathmarked and dies, well, she probably already contributed her part to the battle. Alchemist and Hellcat are free to loop forever, and (on PC anyway) you can leave skulls as bait assuming Mercy hasn’t died, and cast Gard once he’s full.

Occasionally I’ll run Mang / Giant Spider / Green Seer / Forest Guardian, which is a looping skull-spam team that’s actually pretty resistent to Bone Dragon freeze as well, since Forest Guardian’s spell will usually make green 4-matches as well as skulls (if you plan it right), and so the fact that the Hero gets Frozen doesn’t matter much.

2 Likes

Lyya, can I put a ring on it?

:stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

I love your sense of humor!

I hadn’t realized the bone dragon/courage teams pose a threat? Every once in awhile they get me, or the freeze team but I’m not having much troubles with PvP these days, sometimes I get bored and come up with a new team which takes a few tries but I honestly don’t feel that anything needs to be nerfed… at the moment I’m using Abyssal Banner:Krystenax/Krystenax/The Dragon Soul/Krystenax and battles usually take less than a minute xD I tend to gravitate towards faster kills and size it up with my Bone Dragon/Courage team cuz more kills faster means I get more for the guild in the week etc…

That looks fun and effective! I’ll try that out when Gard’s drops for me. I the mean time, the Jeopardy music has been on seemingly-infinite loop on that hope for a while!

Can you do me a favor? Could you please try the IK team with WS in 1st? It seems very similar in mechanics to your FG build - I’d love your feedback!

That’s the variant I’ve been using this week due to +50% stats on HoC.

However I normally recommend Archer or Assassin hero fully traited. Hard to go wrong with Farsight Orb as the weapon.

Sure, I’ll give it a try later tonight.

1 Like

I want to try the one you’ve recommended but my Forest Guardian is a feebleton right now! Not Traited and still in Legendary form… Long way to go yet for this boy.