Unit traits apply to arena

Platform, device version and operating system:
Android

Screenshot or image:

After killing 2 enemies, souls gained is 3/60. Sacrificial Priest is the one that has Necromancy.

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
In Arena, using a troop that has necromany trait unlocked in my collection, my souls count show up 0/60 instead of 0/40 - just like trait would be active, even though all troops are traitless. Same goes with Mercenary trait and gold → 0/125 instead of 0/100.
Not sure, if the bonuses apply during battle or after battle, as I dont bother to check the exact numbers on souls/gold gained. Might be a visual bug only.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Always, when troop has a trait that inceases number of souls/gold gained from battle.

Steps to make it happen again
Go play Arena, pick a troop that has Merchant/Necromancy trait unlocked in your collection.

2 Likes

Update. Got an example of the bug. And it’s not only visual, but these bonuses apply to rescources gained.

I’ve noticed this before too. I haven’t checked the mana bonus skills, but the two you mentioned have definitely applied before. Wonder if the “halve enemy gem mastery” also applies…

A bug in favor of the player. The over/under on the fix 2 days. Any takers?

1 Like

Dang. I noticed the Merchant traits a long while ago, but hoped no one would report a player-favorable bug :cry:

I mean, maybe it’s important to report all bugs, and maybe it’s not player favorable if it potentially breaks other things or makes Bonnie Rose/Apothecary harder to defeat when they’re your opponent, but…

1 Like

This has been around since 2017 at least. I remember seeing this when I was playing arena before I got Dawnbringer but I never bothered reporting it. A couple of extra souls or a few extra gold isn’t going to help people that much.

For me, a bug is a bug, doesn’t matter if it’s good or bad for players.
Either it works “as intended”, but it would be wierd, or it should be patched.

I only hope that such low impact bug will be given a lower priority than weapon affix change in development backlog.

Ofc, it might be “working as intended”, but it would be best if @Saltypatra or @Kafka would take a peek on it.

Agreed.