Underspire - MERLANTIS teams

[1536,6627,6570,6888,3097,3,1,2,2,2,3,2,14012]

Spam Axolotl to speedily refill the Hero and The Deep King, and to supply blue to explode.
Concentrate on filling/spamming The Deep King and just mop up with Mantis Shrimp as required.

Titan class is very fun in this build but in the later stages you may want to switch to Geomancer for the 50% skull damage reduction. Safer but fewer unsolicited explosions :grin: (I was happy to keep rolling with Titan during testing)

This team easily beats E12 in all kingdoms so will be good to the final Boss.

PS I tried really hard to make Piscea work but multiple “misses” slowed down too many matches.

8 Likes

Deep King
Nimue
Three Graves (Tidecaller)
Piscea

Merlantis Banner (+2 blue +1 green -yellow), although Sea of Sorrows (+2 blue +1 brown -yellow) would also work.

It’s a team heavy on skull damage. Deep King can build his Attack to high levels between his trait and Piscea’s trait, plus he Enrages on an enemy death to further boost his efficiency. Everything else serves as generators in one way or another with useful secondary effects: Nimue generates skulls, Piscea occasionally devours, and the Hero can re-summon and/or clear the board after Piscea casts.

I did consider using Aquaticus instead of Piscea, but I didn’t see enough in the way of damage (or mana generation) against higher-level opponents to go that way and Aquaticus’ third trait isn’t helpful enough in most scenarios for me to go that way.

(I also considered Sea Witch instead of Nimue as a multi-purpose generator / healer / Enrager, but her spell is unpredictable enough and prone to leaving a “bad board” for the AI to take advantage of.)

4 Likes