Tribute collecting timer

I find my self all the time grinding through pvp and not realising how much time has passed… A simple thing that you guys could add is a timer so people like my self who play alot could grab there tribute rewards as soon as it is time.

What is everybody’s thought on this…?

5 Likes

I always liked this idea and it’s not every top of the hour, no it’s a hour after you collect the last tribute.
Us on console have a hard time to bc the game isn’t in our pockets.

4 Likes

Yeah i could maximize my tributes instead of going 30 mins passed when it was suppose to be time to grab it. I play console aswell :confused:

1 Like

I made this poll a while back, I never hit a 100 votes so let’s see what new ppl to the forums think.

4 Likes

I thought this was either shot down officially or unofficially because of the large amount of connecting to the server by a vast number of people, but I could be wrong, and not being one of those computer types I may not know what I’m talking about anyway.

In either case it would be awesome but it’s pretty easy these days to set yourself some kind of reminder/alarm on your phone, pc, watch (anyone even still use one of these?) or other out of game piece of technology, so don’t hold your breath.

1 Like

I thought tributes already stacked per hour missed?

1 Like

No they don’t, they are completely random.

1 Like

The gold earned per hour stacks on itself as its literally just income/hour, but you don’t get increased chances of getting tribute from kingdoms for not collecting it for a while.

You have exactly the same chance of tribute from each kingdom at 1 hour as you do at 10 hours. So by collecting every hour you have 10 chances in 10 hours to collect tribute each time vs only 1 chance if you only collect it once in 10 hours.

Did I explain that clearly? :thinking:

2 Likes

This is my recollection as well. And like you, I don’t remember whether this came from a developer or a forums user claiming expertise.

1 Like

A timer to remind us that an hour is passing would be very useful. It could appear on the main map screen instead of that useless ‘gold per hour’ stat. This has been asked for before, and I don’t recall devs giving any reasons why it couldn’t or shouldn’t be done.

The idea that tributes should stack while you’re offline and clicking once collects many hours’ worth - that’s not going to happen. Devs don’t like rewarding people for doing nothing - the hourly incentive to launch the app and click contributes to more play and likely more purchases too. Keeping people returning and clicking regularly is well-known good practice in these games…

2 Likes

True story:

Disgaea is a game that glorifies grinding and makes it a science. It is an RPG where the level cap is more theoretical than practical, and by endgame you’ve got millions of HP and do attacks dealing tens of millions. I used to grind out a 255-level dungeon during a 40-minute morning workout, it averaged 38 minutes.

The best dang feature of Disgaea DS is it had a clock in the top UI. It was really, really, really easy to sit down intending to spend 15 minutes and find out you spent 45. The clock helped you deal with that.

I wish more games would let my iPhone/iPad status bar display so I could see the clock, or at least incorporate a clock into their UI. I understand you want me addicted, but if I find myself losing track of time with a game I have to quit it. This is why I don’t play Clicker Heroes and a host of other games anymore: I spent one too many 30 minutes when I meant to spend 10.

3 Likes

any one who knows the devs well, willing to tag them in this to see if this could be implemented?

1 Like

Best to tag @Saltypatra to pass the message on…

1 Like

If a tribute timer was built into the game, I’d expect to see another Gem nerf to compensate.

While I like the idea of not having to set an alarm on my phone…I don’t want another Gem nerf. :frowning:

3 Likes

If the put in an hourly timer on Mobile, they need to add an automatic Tribute collector or Tribute accumulation for say 24 hours on console.

3 Likes

But one thing is one thing, and the other thing is another thing… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like