Treasure map reward revision

Just imagine Guild Wars randomly being replaced with Guild Hunt. Instead of 5 pvp each day you do 5 treasure hunts per day. Sentinels give +moves instead of magic or attack. Need at least 60 moves and 3 vaults per game for max points.

1 Like

Ick, no. In Guild wars, you can claim bad RNG all you want, but you can temper that by making overarching strategic decisions on which troops to bring in, who to fill, when to cast. Treasure Hunt is all pattern recognition. Very little strategy, just adherence to tactics and hoping for luck. I would not want to be ranked based on that.

I feel the same way about Guild Wars…

3 Likes

I think pay 5 maps get 1½x rewards, ten maps get x3 rewards, pay 25 x5. Or something along those lines. And yes, trophies absolutely should be added. You get them in pvp, gw, and arena, so why not TH?

1 Like

I seem to be one of the only people who actually enjoy playing the treasure maps (at least, on this particular topic), but due to the low reward count I don’t play it as much as I did in the beginning of the game. However, this last week, I have been getting troves of arcane traitstones from maps, so that has been awesome. In general though, map rewards definitely need an overhaul. It would actually be nice to have a higher chance of better rewards as your turn count goes up. I average 85+ turns a map, and actually getting rewarded for spending the time to flesh out my strategy would be great.