Treasure Hunt hurts my soul

I got up to about 280 maps until I finally started to work on them. Finally cleared it to 0.

Now every time I get cascades I pray no maps drop. I like the changes they made but darn it if it doesn’t drain my soul.

I’ve tried so many variations. Now I just

1. Look for 4-5 matches.
  2. Match gold coins
  3. Match bags
  4. Match green chests if they haven’t already cascaded down on top of each other.
    …in that order.

If I sit there and really try to get games with high move counts, I end up crying myself to sleep crouched in a corner in my closet.

1 Like

You should always maximize your opportunities to gain resources and, in this this, try hard in Treasure Hunt to get a high number of moves. We don’t even get Traitstones on Console and it’s still worth it (IMHO) to do Maps.

Basic strategy for Maps should be;

1. 5-matches, top-to-bottom
  2. 4-matches, top-to-bottom
  3. 3-matches, bottom-to-top

Learn how the matches form (where the upgraded item is created), it’s kind of random for drops but the matches you make will always form in the middle of the match. Learn the patterns of how to make drops. With a little luck you should get 10+ red chests a Map.

Another important thing I should mention about strategy is to target the lower denomination Gems" while keeping the above list priority. This tends to help kick start chains because you start flooding the next higher reward a level at a time with drops and big matches.

3 Likes

I’ll have to try that method

This thread makes me sad cause i love treasure hunt. i want 300+ to 1000+ maps.

2 Likes

I usually try to go very quickly since it doesn’t seem like thinking hard about your moves pays off. The Vaults just don’t payout enough to spend 5x as long trying to get a high number of turns. Much more valuable to get 50ish turns in a few minutes.

2 Likes

Agrred I try not to think about moves for more than 2-5 seconds, if I miss a 5 match I don’t care.

That’s bad though because I have noticed a pattern. You go on long steaks of luck, then streaks that burn your accumulated turns. You then go back on the 5-match train and repeat.

Another important thing I should mention about strategy is to target the lower denomination “Gems” while keeping the above list priority. This tends to help kick start chains because you start flooding the next higher reward a level at a time with drops and big matches.

i got 2 vaults in one map and hit my new personal best of 99 turns. i only needed one more turn to make my 3rd.

Treasure map is the only way I ever get gem keys. On that count alone, I like the vaults.

The traitstones help, too. Runic stones can be thin on the ground.

i want to do something called gem cycling but i don’t know what it is or how to do it but i assume it might possible bee a good idea.

I think (correct me if I’m wrong) that gem cycling requires a whole guild to invest amassed gems into gold purchase, and that gold is then invested into guild tasks that will give everyone gems (presumably whatever’s cheapest if no gem task is up). I have no idea how economical it is, but you’d need to have great coordination and trust in your guildies to pull it off.

OMG that is extremely economical and mathematically dangerous. From what you have stated that would cause a perpetual net gain depending on number of players doing it. Not sure if they made it unviable.

It’s very viable. It’s how match masters was SO successful, most of the top guilds have or do it. At this point in the game however most players in those top guilds make enough gold that they don’t even bother anymore and they just dumped hundreds of thousands of gold that they earn every week into the guild without having to spend their gems on gold.

Has anyone ever matched 3 vaults? I came close once and I was just wondering if anything happened.

They don’t match

I think I have somewhere between 450-500 maps, if i could regularly do 120 turns + I think I would bother just for the traits.

It WAS viable and a few top guilds (inc MM I believe but I wasn’t in it at the time) exploited it a lot.

Devs caught on and changed the maths, so it should be no longer viable.

I don’t have a spreadsheet to hand to check it… Might do later, or hopefully someone smarter than me can do it…

1 Like

I enjoy TH though I’m rubbish at it. I don’t have the patience to plan carefully or the time to drag out a single game. I average about 50 moves a game now and that earns rewards pretty economically, especially Glory, which comes much faster than PvP.

I still have 500+ maps to work through… Might let my children play them…

1 Like

i wish my guild could complete tasks quickly but it is the nature of the beast. soon more will be kicked for away time then more will come.