Treasure Gnome Bug

I’ve noticed several times that I’ll get a treasure gnome’s reward even if it escapes. I don’t remember this happening when I last played in the summer. Am I just supposed to finish the battle to get the reward? I’m playing on Steam / Windows 11.

3 Likes

It’s broken. Been like this for a few weeks, was happening during the vault weekend and earlier.

Would you prefer to lose your rewards when the gnome escapes?

13 Likes

Thank you for reporting this. Earlier this week, I had a Valraven escape in World event. Imagine my dismay when I found I’d received the sigils anyway, robbing me of my sense of pride and accomplishment.

7 Likes

@panda-zebra @Theoden

Thanks for letting me know you’ve had similar experiences. Too bad it’s broken, though.

@MattDB87

The rewards are nice, but it seems wrong to get them as though I’m cheating.

2 Likes

I’m sorry but that’s just silly. In no way is that cheating. You are just playing the game.

5 Likes

@TheTruth

My priority is to make sure the game has fewer bugs so I can actually have fun playing the game the way it’s meant to be played.

@TheTruth

Whatever. At least one person so far likes my post. I’m happy about that.

This has happened to me for years when it comes to Vault Key battles, actually. Is that the intended behavior in that case? A Treasure Gnome runs off and you still get the Vault rewards from that Gnome?

When I complained about gnomes running away from deep delves after spending 2 sigils and 10k gold, I was told by other players on this very forum that the behaviour of gnomes in the Vault is intended, because vault keys can be bought for real $, so rewards must be guaranteed as a result. The Vault gnomes clearly work like baited (paid) gnomes.

4 Likes

TYVM, also didn’t realize that the baited Gnomes can’t flee!

2 Likes