Deep delve gnome bug

Platform, device version and operating system: PC/mobile (but likely applies to all platforms)

Screenshot or image: Not necessary, description says it all.

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
I paid 2 delve sigils + 10 000 gold for a guaranteed gnome. When I pay resources for something that’s supposed to be guaranteed, I expect it to make it to my inventory. Gnome crashed the enemy battle - as expected, landed on the first slot on the enemy team, got mana-filled on first enemy turn, and then ran away after casting the spell. Like in Vault battles, because I paid specific resources for that guaranteed gnome, I expected to get the gnome rewards after winning the battle anyway. Unfortunately, no rewards dropped after the battle.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Every time the guaranteed deep delve gnome runs away from its battle.

Steps to make it happen again
Open deep delve guaranteed gnome battle, have the gnome run away, win the battle. See no gnome rewards on the rewards screen.

Advanced gambling mechanics. You are paying for a “chance” on something. As you mention, vault fights are similar case (though at least Cedric, who is the sole reason to do the fight, is safe), and gnome baits are even worse (as they require real money).

An awful approach to game design, but very, very intentional.

1 Like

But gnome baits are really guaranteed - baited gnomes can’t run away!

The same with Vault gnomes: even if one or two gnomes run away, but you win the battle, you still get all 4 rewards.

Why not in deep delves, then?

I notice, I’m getting into the bad habit of writing about stuff, I don’t know, again lately. Sorry about that, might be about time to hold myself back on things, where I lack personal experience.

So wait should i be doing a bug report when i do a palooza and a gnome runs?

Gnome Bait is premium content you pay money for. If you only had the chance for a reward this would be deep in gambling laws territory.

Vault Keys also used to be considered premium content, this has changed significantly with Gnome-a-Palooza. It possibly enough that Vault Keys still show up in flash offers, don’t give them ideas though.

You didn’t pay money.

2 Likes

I don’t pay money for Vault battles either.

See above, you could have paid money for them.

I could’ve paid for gems used to get delve sigils too. This doesn’t change anything.

The truly fascinating part once you get a bit familiar with this topic is that it really changes everything. If you pay money for gems you receive those gems, to do with as you please. The business transaction is complete at that point, you received everything you paid for, no luck component involved. That you could possibly use those gems to gamble later on doesn’t matter, it no longer involves money, so this is okay. There are several reasons why “premium currency” is so ubiquitous in F2P games, this is one of them. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes