[!] Traitstone Ascension/Crafting

This gets requested very often.

Not likely to happen, as @lyya says.

Devs won’t put much time into designing things that don’t help the economy or help make money, sorry. This game is free, remember.

Warlock and Sac. Priest are there because they are two cheap necro troops, you can cover every color, and you get a small troop bonus for three mystics and two Karakoth troops.

You’ll want to focus on spider or The Dragon Soul first, depending on how much of their respective manas are on the board. Yellow and Brown mana are fairly useless to this team. You get 6 mana for every purple match (9 for surges) and 4 for every red (7 for surges) so obviously purple is the highest priority. However, if you see an opportunity for a Warlock cast to speed you along in charging, take it - post explode, The Dragon Soul will have less mana to start with, but you should have no problem filling him up.

Warlock and Sac. Priest dont need to be particularly leveled or traited (Sac. Priest only needs necro for this build, and no levels except to survive maybe a stray spell). Their only purpose is for their necromancy trait. Both can be used to finish off stragglers, but Sacrificial Priest’s damage depends entirely on the attack of the sacrificed troop (plus 12) and is randomly split, so he can be used to finish the fight (but the Life Drain trait on an enemy prevents his spell from killing).

Keeper of Souls, while he is a solid troop and a good choice for necromancy in power builds, does unfortunately have to wait for the right opportunity to get his spell off, and will, usually, still only get one kill off it. In your build he is also blocking Shadow Dragon from purple cascade fills, and Shadow Dragon is more important in this build because he can feed TDS. Shadow Dragon is still also a good choice to cover the color if you don’t want to use Sac. Priest, and actually usually ends up being faster because of his magic link and the mana he is fed from explodes on yellow can feed right back into Dragon Soul. Just make sure he is behind Dragon Soul or you waste a lot of time filling them both. Warlock can be subbed out for anything that doesnt block spider/TDS, if you need a tank - for example, the brown common, Golem, who can get Stoneskin trait for fairly cheap. Golem(or gorogtha, if you have him)/Spider/TDS/Shadow Dragon is actually a much more solid team in terms of power and clear speed, but the lack of any necro trait means you’ll get a bit less souls. If you can halve your clear time, though, it will be worth it.

Other than that, at this point, you probably wont gain much match speed by sacrificing using a soul generator altogether since The Dragon Soul is solid at both, especially at lower levels or before you have a ton of kingdom bonuses. Try to find a balance with how many necromancy troops you want to use versus how fast you want to be, since they tend to slow you down over using a “real” troop.

This is why I feel this game could really benefit from purchasable things like buffs. Maybe 10% buff to arcane drops in explore for a certain amount of time.

We all don’t want this game to be so money focused, but this I think would be smart.

At the same time, they could allow something you can trade for buffs. Like maps for instance, or gems.

That way they still aren’t just outright giving you something guaranteed, just increases the chance.

My prediction, if they were ever to implement this, is that they’d immediately be accused of lowering the drop chance by 10% in order to have people pay to return to baseline, complete with low-sample metrics to back up those claims.

4 Likes

Pfft I accuse them of that now, lol. (Only in my mind. I know you devs aren’t cheating us. Love you all, meow)

That question always comes up. “Why can’t you give us all the stuffs and take no money?”

At the end of the day though, they have to do what is smart for business. Imo they couldn’t charge too much though. Maybe 3 potion buffs for $5. $10 would be overkill.

I was trying to think if they’d ever have a troop that increases luck, I ended up with the answer no. Anyone else have ideas?

Also on the subject, now take a trip with me down the rabbit hole a bit.

The drop chances are so low on everything in this game for longevity. We’re talking too long, like years. Now I don’t know for a fact, and they haven’t said, but perhaps they already have something like this in mind. Sirrian is always talking about how he likes the stick, instead of the carrot. Or at least I think that’s what he said. Any-who maybe they intend to remedy that by bringing in future mini-games. We’ve already seen an increase with legendary guild tasks. None of this still ever gets to the masses though. So with that in mind, again I say micro-transactions or some kind of buff makes sense. Or at the very least some kind of game mode with increased chances. Since we already have explore, and it’s very popular, I doubt the latter.

I’ve started in January (27th day i think) this year and only 135 of my troops are not fully traited yet. I counted even the ones missing just one trait and didn’t considered the ones that i can fully trait but decided to keep the traitstones just in case. I could lower this number by playing a lot more in Explore Mode, but just with the weekly packs it’s possible to trait the new releases and some more troops. I don’t even need all of these troops to play, and the same goes for many players

The progress is not entirely linear or becoming more and more difficult, after a certain point it kinds of snowballs on itself and you will find yourself at a better situation. Just hang in there pal, you will make it. :+1:

Oh I don’t care when I make it. Like I said unless an unforeseen event happens, i’ll still be playing this game til it’s gone I guess. So i’ll get there when I get there. Plus it’s an on-going game that really never ends until they pull the plug. There will always be more troops to complete and kingdoms to max. I just look at all issues and try to come up with solutions. Regardless if they work for me or not. :+1:

So you are pretty much at a year played, and that’s what I mean. That’s way more time than you would ever put into another game for less results. Most people aren’t going to play a game for a year unless they are hardcore and dedicated enough. So that amount of time affords itself to a little more stick than the carrot.

1 Like

I literally worried about completing the game stuff before, got through the changes like everyone else and all but then i noticed how things are better.

Yeah, the model of this game is not “alien” to me, i’ve been commited to another freemium game during four years and things are way better here. Not saying that they can’t get even better if needed, but still we as a whole are doing great. :slight_smile:

If the idea was to be completely free and equal, what they could do is have an event once a month. Increased drops on everything in the game(or just stones). I’m sure it would be a nightmare for the devs and the servers, but still a nice idea. May even bring in some new players from the hype. Just for 24-48 hours.

1 Like

[quote=“Mithran, post:22, topic:14513”]
Keeper of Souls, while he is a solid troop and a good choice for necromancy in power builds, does unfortunately have to wait for the right opportunity to get his spell off, and will, usually, still only get one kill off it. In your build he is also blocking Shadow Dragon from purple cascade fills, and Shadow Dragon is more important in this build because he can feed TDS. [/quote]

Actually, and this may surprise you, but I regularly fill all three people mana users in maybe two to three turns, especially if I’m lucky with RNG. I find it works fastest if DS is in the lead, but he’s more vulnerable to being killed as I continue to fill him and decimate the opponents. Moving him into the third slot is much safer, but takes noticeably longer time to get him charged up.

I found, when I was trying to max souls, I’d regularly leave Keeper and Shadow Dragon charged and focused solely on filling DS any way possible. If I actively used the others’ spells, my matches go WAY faster.

Keeper often takes down more than one enemy, though this is reliant on how the skulls cascade after casting his spell, and it’s unpredictable.

From my experience, the team I use is very viable, and the amount of purple mana generated, if done thoughtfully, is enough to support all three damage dealers.

I’ll definitely give this a shot! I’m getting really good results with that DD/Ragnagord/Acolyte x2 team, as well!

Id like to see a week every once in awhile be traitstones packs for glory instead of heros with their 1 or 2 traitstones. Just a mix of traitstones. Say 4 different arcanes for 500 glory. Or better yet you pick any arcane for 200 glory. Limit of 5. Maybe every fourth week.

3 Likes

That is not a bad idea.

1 Like

I gotta say, I’m feeling really discouraged. After 52 matches, not one single Arcane Dark. Not one.

I can understand why others are angry about this.

1 Like

Just to add to the RNGesus nonsense that proves we need a RELIABLE means to acquire stones (and troops.)

I farmed Pan’s Vale for two days to get a SINGLE Arcane Light to finish fully-traiting Orion.

Then I went exploring in Karakoth…
First two matches…
You guessed it…
BOTH Aracne Death drops! :scream:

It’s enough to drive a person crazy!!!

It does make me feel a little crazy.