For those of you who’ve been suffering through crashes caused by certain status effects, I’ve got good news: We’re releasing a patch tomorrow morning for the PlayStation 4 version of Gems of War that should fix the issue, alongside a number of other problems players have been having. Xbox One owners, don’t worry, your patch is coming just as soon as Microsoft approves it.
While you wait for your console of choice to receive the patch, here’s a look at the full list of changes and bug fixes:
Rename Trophy Pack
Trophy pack renamed to “Crafting Update”.
We have removed the compressed bundles to improve the initial load time. This makes the package size much bigger than previously but the initial load is significantly shortened.
· The Sacrifice trait did not work correctly and could cause a crash when activated.
· Traits that granted immunity to status effects could cause a crash when activated.
· When the last troop on the opponents turn dies from poison the AI player still attempts to take their turn and could cause a crash.
· When any troop that has a trait that spawns another troop is the last troop on a team and they are killed in the case that would activate his trait (25% of the time) the game could cause a crash.
· Troop list rarity and level indicators sometimes don’t show up correctly in the Troops Menu.
· Troop ascension and trait icon was inaccurate in the troops menu.
· The filter text on the troop sorting options for level and upgradable showed the old level ranges.
· If the user filtered out all their troops the Cursor would disappear in the troops list.
· Scouting was not showing true values for enemy troops prior to PVP battles.
· Difficulty bonuses were not increasing gold, XP, & souls awarded in PvP and Arena matches. Difficulty has been removed from these areas of the game.
· Challenges and quests started with the same seed every time (board configuration is always the same at the start).
· Fixed an issue where players could not be invited to a guild if there invite code was longer than 16 characters.
· Fixed an issue where kingdom bonuses would not be applied consistently after players had leveled up their kingdom to level 10.
As always, your feedback is welcome. Let us know what you think.