Token/Medal of Cedric wording

Platform, device version and operating system:
Windows 10 x64
Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
I believe, text of Cedric’s medals state that you’ll clean all your troops at the start of your turn.

In fact, of course, it means “10% chance for each troop to be cleansed at the start of my turn”

Can it be re-phrased accordingly, please?

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Well, always after hot-fix.

Steps to make it happen again

• Go in battle.
  • See cleansing only for part of your troops.

I believe the original text is correct.

Now for Grammar Nazi time…

Each vs. every is a common grammar issue, even for proficient writers, because let’s face it—they’re very similar words. Although both words refer to something that is singular, each refers to an individual object or person, while the term every refers to a group of objects or people lumped together as one.

1 Like

I believe, you missed the context. On the other hand, I am not native speaker, so I can miss it too. So I will try to explain.

My problem is that in original wording “each” attributes to “Cleanse”, so I perceive it as “Cleanse every troop”. That is wrong, as actual mechanic is about chance.

So proposed change is that “each” must attribute to “chance” instead. Because it’s individual chance that relates to each troop.

In another words, I read first as “Each turn you have 10% chance to clear all troops”. While it must be “Each turn each of your troops have 10% chance to be cleansed”. I cannot insist on wording, because of forementioned conditions, but I think that it must be changed to clear this confusion.

(In my defence, I can say that before hotfix, it worked exactly this - first - way: each turn there was chance to clean all troops. :wink:

I am also agree with previous discussion that the original text is correct. Although these are the common grammatical mistakes, and in that case we need to take help from the experts like research paper writer and from that point of view the mentioned statement is correct.