To the devs feb 20th

We are losing people everyday on this platform now with all the issues in the game and the lack of feedback that gets attached to out posts are not good . Players that are vip 15 plus have just had enough. Its to bad cause this new pvp system could have been good if it ran proplerly instead of being rushed out. Now pvp is not nearly as fun as it can be and guild wars is gone for the immediate future . Sorry guys but your not giving us much hope. Highh level.players should not be punished with a wall of 25 base points everyday all day its like were not on the Lb at all caause you cant keep up getting 50 to 60 points per fight compared to over 100 most are getting if its going to stay like this add ghost accounts that are 3500 or so so us players and enjoy the game again instead of it being nothing but a stress pit . This will be my last post i am tired of getting no responce from the ones that i want to respond the most anyways everyone take care and see ya later all

7 Likes

Totalmente … yo quiero creer que se mandaron un gran error y la verdad que el pvp se volvio injusto … nose que estaran haciendo los dev pero ya es hora que lo solucionen. Ya vamos mas de 2 meses con esto y tampoco vemos que noa compensen. :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

1 Like

I’m not sure what more Kafka can say in response that has not been said already.

They may not appear in your own threads but her updates can be found here

If there were any real update information then I’m sure that it would be posted as a new/official thread to catch the most attention. Patience is key.

1 Like

Development does not read in this forum, and even less would post anything. They are (possibly) given a very small selection of the feedback, that goes on around here. Or maybe not; there is no way to tell.
Kafka is a PR employee, whose job is to keep us calm, by whatever measures necessary. This does not have to involve correct information.

The thing that makes development, or rather the publisher behind the game, react, are not postings. It’s numbers, or more exactly drastic shifts of them.
They did react, when they completely messed up the graphics last year and players quit in masses.

1 Like

Ok ty take care

The numbers at steamcharts.com support this assertion. This screenshot is from Gems of War - Steam Charts.

2 Likes

There were two vault weekends in January, which gave the game an above average activity boost. There was none so far in February, leading to a lower activity rate than usual. I expect an increase by 1,5-2% this weekend.
Still a player loss, but the last 30 days are not fully representative.

So what you’re saying is more people play when the game rewards their time and effort? Hmm. Interesting concept. Someone should look into that.

18 Likes

Hmmmm deep thoughts by jack handdy lol

2 Likes

Given the age of the game, you should expect the player base to gradually diminish. That’s perfectly normal for an older game, even one that continually generates “new” content.

Sure, I can understand the perspective that the developers are “ruining the game” and “driving players away”, even if I don’t subscribe to it myself. But I believe it’s every bit as valid to consider that for a lot of players, they’ve done pretty much everything there is to do in Gems of War and they leave the game to find “new lands to conquer”.

The overwhelming majority of titles don’t make it anywhere near their eighth birthday with a following and a playerbase this large and active.

1 Like

Just an update on that chart:

2 Likes

And the stats for the entirety of the game.
Note that doesn’t include the stats for mobile.
Edit: nor other platforms.

The tricky part about Steamchart stats is, that they list the number of concurrent players at a given time, not the number of unique players per time period (which would be much harder to track as well). That means, that longer play sessions raise the average in the same way, as more players would do, and the same goes for the opposite direction. By the way also the reason, why wednesday and thursday are always the weakest days in the statistics; pet hunt and class trial are simply quicker to finish.
So, no, it is not “more players” playing, when there are rewards, but the existing players playing more.
It certainly is interesting to follow the numbers over the course of time, and the fact, that we are steadily dropping towards a level, that was last dipped into during the horrendous graphics downgrade of 2017, is telling as well. Still takes a little more analysing to get the full picture (and of course, we are still only looking at one of multiple game platforms here).

With all that aside, I am certain, the larger hindrance for the game is, that it is having an increasingly hard time to keep new players hooked instead of burning them out within weeks through an overload of features. It’s not the oldtimers leaving, that is the most troublesome, but that there are too few to replace them.

P.S.: Adding to the “more rewards” argument: If there was a vault weekend every week, or maybe even all year long, it would maybe lead to an initial boost during the first month, but would not change anything about the development in the long run, once it becomes the “new normal”. Virtual goodies do not equal fun and enjoyment.

3 Likes

We are now at the level of September 2016 in terms of the number of players. But if then the number of players was growing every month. Now, on the contrary, it falls every month. And in one year we lost 20-30%. 1741 is just one day in February. The real levels are already 1500-1600. It’s only steam, but 1000 people are enough to collect statistics. The same thing happens on other platforms.

And each new update and lack of response to problems only increases the outflow.

Unless they change course with the greed and “fun” rng elements i give this game less than a year before it gone. I hope i am wrong because I’ve met some great people over the years and it would be a shame

The february numbers are still incomplete, so I would not take those fully into account yet. For the previous months, the 12-month comparison is a 14-17% decline in each (focussing on average players).
Compared to the highest average recorded from April 2020, January 2024 is down by about 29%.

Not to be misunderstood, there will be a definite decline this month, and it will shift those numbers further into the negative territory, but like I said, there is a vault weekend coming up still, that will give things a bit of a nudge upwards.

And also as mentioned, please do not overlook the nosedive of October 2017-January 2018.

1 Like

Seems like Vault did little to aid February’s recovery. In fact, there’s only been one drop exceeding last month in the past 3 years and that was in June 2023 following on from the replacement of Challenges with Trials.

Well, there was a visible recovery, though a little less than I thought. About 0,5-0,8%, I would estimate. Before the vault weekend, the average came very close to dropping below 1200.

About the monthly change, I would include January into the picture, which had a lately rather unusual rise in player activity, mostly due to the early curiosity towards the new Pvp system. This subsequently shifted back to the regular decline. If we do measure February against the December numbers instead, we get an average monthly decline of -2,19%. Slightly higher than the autumn months, but not as much of an outlier, as it looks like.

P.S.: June 23 was not the trial replacement, but the graphic update.

I figured January’s rise also offset December’s drop, which I put down to people not playing as much due to the holidays so I think less can be attributed to the new PvP system.

True. Also about this time, the Trials really hit home after an easy (looping) start.