The Three Cactalleros

Originally published at: The Three Cactalleros – Gems of War

New Epic Troop: Senita

This week, we welcome three unique Wildfolk to Krystara! This singing band of lovable Cactnid rogues from the Drifting sands, are best introduced with one of their own songs…

We’re three Cactalleros
Three succulent heroes
We sing all our songs in a high-key!
We’re happy amigos
No matter where he goes
The one, two, and three goes
We’re terribly spiky!

Senita will be available this week for 400 Glory in the shop as well as in Event Chests. After 3-4 weeks he will become available in Glory, Gem, Guild, and VIP chests as usual.

New Legendary Troop: Saguaro

We’re three sneaky cacti
And it is a fact my
friends are all as sharp as Elf arrows!
We’re brave and we’ll say so
We’re cheesy like queso
Who says so? We say so!
The three Cactalleros

Saguaro will be available exclusively in Event Chests this week, and will make his way to Glory, Gem, Guild, and VIP chests in the usual 3-4 weeks.

The third Cactallero, Agave, will be making his grand entrance in Friday’s Bounty Event.

Join the Forum!

6 Likes

Interesting troops

1 Like

Stay thirsty my friends.

And he will have a nice mustache hopefully. :star_struck:

those 2 are twins and the legendary turned into a monster when he grew up and the other became a hero and has to now kill his brother then came Agave to stop Saguaro and Senita from fighting any more and they made Saguaro be kind again and help them

Just a little of my own lore I came up with

1 Like

Seeing Senita made me wonder if there’s any relation to good 'ol Cactuar (if there’s any Final Fantasy players here) .

15 Likes

Now, why would one possibly think that devs would parody other games, music, or other genres?

I mean, it’s not like there aren’t any examples of homages or parodies in any of the other units in the game at all. Nope, the devs would never resort to doing that… :thinking:

4 Likes

I realize that yes. It’s just the first thing that came to mind for me. LOL

1 Like

Because, that’s exactly what has happened here. You aren’t wrong. :smile:

They all look pretty cool & useful, especially Senita.

I just don’t understand senita magic, it say deal 30 true damage to last troop and enrage them? Shouldn’t we read enrage him?

Also i don’t know what the purpose to enrage last troop since he can’t attack you with skulls

Ever run into a cactus? Certainly rage-inducing. I’ve never seen the plant itself get mad, though.

3 Likes

What im trying to point is the uselessness of enraging last troops

It’s supposed to be useless and some kind of joke, sticking them with a needle and enraging them.

Yeah i understand the joke but it could sing a song and would be same result

A song and a dance for you!

That’s my nephew Donald with his two amigos, José and Panchito, The Three Caballeros.

1 Like

Donald when angry would certainly be the legendary cactus, an uncontrollable monster. :rofl:

1 Like

wait till the bounty troop. still worthless though

1 Like

As TheIdleOne said, it’s a synergy to upcoming Bounty troop. And maybe in the future, we might get more synergy like Mosasaurus, but devour if enemies is enrage. Some effect could be useful later.

Screenshot_2018-07-16-12-02-38-1-1

Now, for the discussion about is Senita’s enraging enemies is useful right now? Nope!

Enraging last enemy got a low chance of backfire, it still could screw you over if you don’t kill it before it become last remaining enemy. Also, He is doing true damage, while his buddy is doing normal one, so it will just removing armor, which defeat the point of doing true damage in the first place.

1 Like

Amusing. But little use.

Other than the obvious overlap of the new spikes traits - no clear synergy on these yet. I understand the third one will add a little synergy. But another missed opportunity for stuff to be very very cool (and maybe useful) with a little more thought…