Lava's in the Air

Originally published at: Lava’s in the Air – Gems of War

New Raid Boss Troop: Igneus

Igneus will be available in the Raid Boss Shop, and will appear in Glory, Gem, Guild, and VIP chests in 3-4 weeks’ time.

New Epic Troop: Pyggra

Pyggra will be available this week for 400 Glory in the shop as well as in Event Chests. After 3-4 weeks he will become available in Glory, Gem, Guild, and VIP chests as usual.

New Weapon: Flammifer

This week it will be available in both the Raid Boss shop, and in the Soulforge.

Join the Forum!

2 Likes

Patch news?

Obligatory:

6 Likes

I love that song, I have it in my playlist!

1 Like

Great, now the AI has the chance of getting a extra turn off our Seigebreaker spell. Plus side, we might be able to fully charge the Mang off it too, assuming we get an extra turn.

Giant/Mystic??

Say whuuuuut? :thinking:

Here’s the weekly request to include the multiplier on those images. “Boosted by red gems” means what? 2:1? x2?

9 Likes

Good, it’s Broken Spire week, now’s my chance to get Infernus with some event keys, wish me luck guys!

12 Likes

Suggest waiting until after reset which is still almost 7hrs away, but good luck.

1 Like

I think it gets balanced out in the end, even if we need to wait for a better board before using the spell, it’s a troop with some utility outside the event.
Stoneskin and a spell with a chance to refill itself is decent for 12 manas.

2 Likes

@Lyya, thanks again for taking care of answering our boost ratio questions.

7 Likes

The restricted gem conversion makes the troop infinitely more interesting than the generic godslayer troops.

4 Likes

I am very into the new weapon! I can’t wait to get one.

Yeah. I just wish it worked with Infernus instead of against him. I’m pretty sure that was intended though.

It got patched lol

1 Like

Yay, new stuff… but…hmmmm two Epics in a week, wonder if that’s happened before…

Igneus - okay has a transform, that’s gonna be interesting to use… refills itself, but may find we wait to cast and if we blast the boss at the wrong moment we pass a good board to the stupid numbers minions… as always, won’t ever use it after this week… also that third trait is still useless really, the boss is always in last place…

Pyggra - I’m not impressed. A red-yellow troop that explodes red gems? That’s been done before, and better… the summon has way too low a chance t0 be useful, but will obviously always work for the AI…

Flammifer: interesting… 10 is a decent gem number to spawn… high for a hero weapon… I assume its upgrades will make some blue gems and remove reds just to undermine this… :unamused:

8 Likes

Data from Lyya’s site

1. Flaming : Burn the first enemy
  2. Striking : Deal 5 damage to the first enemy
  3. Radiant : Give 1 mana to all allies
  4. Volcanic : Explode a random Red Gem

Quite decent, with the last one a bit unreliable. Don’t use it as a finishing move before 4.0 version though, or Striking would freeze the match and cause instant lose.

1 Like

Flammifer was in the unowned list couple hours ago and now it’s gone

I hope we won’t have the same bug then the hero class event?

Hey team! In regards to the other “Lava’s in the Air” and “Sunspear” post…

I looked into these posting again and they weren’t scheduled too. It looks like wordpress had a few shots and decided to run a little riot.

2 Likes