Here Comes the Rain Again

Originally published at: Here Comes the Rain Again – Gems of War

New Epic Troop: Stormsinger

Stormsinger will be available this week for 400 Glory in the shop as well as in Event Chests. After 3-4 weeks he will become available in Glory, Gem, Guild, and VIP chests as usual.

New Legendary Troop: Taloca

Taloca will be available exclusively in Event Chests this week, and will make his way to Glory, Gem, Guild, and VIP chests in the usual 3-4 weeks.

Join the Forum!

16 Likes

A+ for the Eurythmics title. :smiley:

I can’t wait to try out Taloca. Great art this week as well.

9 Likes

Great new legendary troop.

2 Likes

Good looking troops, looking forward to play them.

1 Like

Very excited for Taloca

2 Likes

Scatter damage is split damage?

Taloca shall be my new bestest buddy.

Scatter or Split Damage we need only 1 term or i am wrong?

Finally something from the kingdom that capitalizes a storm running, both from its trait and from it spell. Little bit disappointed that it takes a storm running to boost Taloca’s (always drop the turn) spell damage to… roughly what a Sunbird deals (with Sunbird continuing to scale better into the future). Still, the kit looks decent (you can always withold casting until after a long spell chain, multiple lightning strikes and get a focused 100ish damage on the last remaining troop) and its a step in the right direction, I guess.

Stormsinger looks like a great support. While the storm it summons is random, it can be set up to not drop the turn, because, you know, converter. This is the first appropriate storm creating spell in the entire kingdom IMO. Also, it has a wonderful 10 mana cost instead of being overcosted like many of the second-draft “anything to x color” converters. Wish it used different colors, though, just for more variety (it is both a good and a bad thing that it overlaps with Azura, for different reasons).

3 Likes

That is a lot of passive damage for a trait. Ouch.

Cool “birbs”! @Cyrup will be pleased. Not only they have a really well draw art, but they have nice effects and usage.

I wish more troops would have functional/decent designs like these, oh well…

Taloca seems worth of an Ascension Orb, i’ve been using too much Glory lately on the “Hand Wrecking” minigame buying Event Keys with all these recent legendaries on kingdoms i didn’t had fully ascended.

4 Likes

Thanks for these troops. Both looks good fun!

3 Likes

Rather than completing the Sin of Maraj questline to get to the Underworld, can I just cross the river Stryx? :wink:

Something tells me that the ferryman (i.e., event chests) will require gems… :thinking::expressionless:

2 Likes

Good title good troops. I am a fan.

Here comes the PAIN again!
Great Troops!

If you have any feedback on Troops please feel free take flight give them a spin this week and submit some chirps feedback to the appropriate seed area :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Not to nit pick. I cannot help thinking “there are any storms running” and change it to “there are any active storms”. Sounds better in gaming perspective. Don’t think a storm can run :smile:

1 Like

Or “if there is an active storm”. There will never be multiple storms active simultaneously.

I like the Doors better.
Riders of the storm.

1 Like

Interesting new stuff, and great art.

Stormsinger - will loop with Giant Spider - but I really don’t like the random storm effect, impossible to plan much around. How about: create a storm of the selected mana colour?

Taloca: good trait. Spell likely to feel under-powered - though in current meta there’s a storm of some kind permanently because of hero traits, or occasionally something else.