The real truth. Recruiting has become close to impossible

I wonder how that compares to similar-ish games that have been around as long. Assuming there are any similar-ish games that have been on Steam for several years, as opposed to the countless number of clones and rip-offs that last for a couple of weeks/months and vanish.

Not to justify the actions of the developers, but just looking at the activity numbers in isolation doesn’t tell the full story. There simply aren’t very many games that remain this popular for this long, and even fewer games that continually release new content. (Even if a lot of the new content is lackluster, copy-and-paste crap.)

7 Likes

@Kafka , 21 days in, or 3 weeks. Been actively trying to recruit in Global chat and the forum, not even found 1 member. The shit is real out here.

2 Likes

a month in and zero new members found through the forum or global chat. Perhaps one must be naive nowadays to think we will find players at the forum. :grimacing:

2 Likes

I watched a new guild to from 0 to 14 in 2 days. Get better about sending ninja invites and then asking later. No reqs no rules guilds seem to collect lots of players

1 Like

Oh, I got my guild from zero to hero in about two weeks. But after 9 months, only a couple of people from the original 30 are left.
The problem isn’t about GETTING any players, it’s about getting players that will stay and be contributing members so that a guild can actually serve its purpose. No reqs no rules guilds collect lots of players fast but they tend to lose them just as quickly, as people either get bored or look for better guilds.

2 Likes

Oh i know, but try telling that to the people who are creating these guilds and aggressively recruiting instead of cultivating environments where new players can learn and grow and become long term players and not just numbers

2 Likes

By the amount of new ads in Guild Chat I can see guild recruitment is still getting worse…game needs to do something to keep/attract players.

2 Likes

Yeah, im on my way out too. I think once i hit 1500 that will be a good time to quit

3 Likes

Don’t leave me, Daeron.

The only real reason I haven’t left is that it’s easy to auto E12 while watching TV in the evenings.

Recruiting has become almost impossible due to the toxicity of some community members and also some devs.

Me and my guild have experienced that very recently. We loved the game and wanted to make it a better place, giving people looking for a new home a place to stay. Unfortunately that seems to be unwanted by some. Therefore I’ll not be trying to recruit again and also stop buying so much stuff on the game.

Kind regards
A disappointed player …

@Kafka @Bramble @OminousGMan @Jeto

1 Like

I have experienced similar toxic behavior in this community and it seems to be increasing.

Mmmm one thing I have observed that is annoying is guild members who never take part in discussions, hardly play at all and yet collect all guild rewards. In the old days they would just be kicked out but I guess some guilds are now hanging on to useless members…another side-effect of scarcity of players.

Non participants always get kicked, otherwise regular playing members would get resentful.

I guess we’re old school. :wink:

3 Likes

Hello :slight_smile:

Please remember to keep this thread civil.

This is civil.

9 Likes

Well, I recently discovered GOW’s cousin… Puzzle Quest 3, and haven’t even put in half as much work I did before in GOW. Maybe it’s just a phase, but I’m actually considering leaving my guild on my main ps4 game. (I already left the one on mobile.) It was just time for something new, and I got tired of the feeling of “obligation”. I like PQ3 even without joining a kingdom.