The Possessed Disappointment

@Arcemius I’m not ignoring the point of the thread at all! I just wanted to offer our opinion and perspective. Also, whenever we make changes, there are people that are unhappy. As TPK is seeing a nice amount of use and people are having fun, it isn’t a priority to change. There are other troops we would prioritise re-balancing well before TPK, especially because if we “fix” him as suggested, I can guarantee there will be some players that aren’t satisfied.

Changing troops isn’t something we do lightly, and we are happy with TPK at this point in time. :slight_smile:

Hmm… from that chart… I can say without a doubt you were being all of the above.

Razzagor
Spooktober Gnoll

November 12

alt Saltypatra:
@Razzagor I can’t tell if I miscommunicated what I meant or if you are being cheeky.

I have a basic chart to help you with that:

I believe that now it’s all clear, keep it for future consultation. :skull:

Touch his third trait and I won’t be satisfied. Apart from maybe giving his spell a bit of extra damage I think he is fine the way he is.

I think his spell should target 2 troops with a higher success chance like the strongest ones or summon a random daemon if an enemy dies. It needs a tweak for strategy or at least change his first two traits to something a bit better.

Also decent human? We got 2 other great mythics and a handful of good epic/legendaries like tesla or queen ysabelle.

I’m not calling for an immediate change, though, I think while the troop is still fresh wouldn’t be a particularly BAD time to change him - change him before he becomes set in stone.

HOWEVER, in the defense in what you are saying, I DO agree with you in that changing him would probably upset some people. Also, I believe we are actually on the same page, as I just wanted the issue to be brought to the attention of the team, and to be discussed. As with ALL things, I hate decisions being made without lots of thought, even simple things like this.

I’d rather you guys print the TDK out, write “Arcemius” on it, stick it on the staff fridge, and just ponder him every now and then as you walk by and grab your lunch; and then weeks down the line, one of you might go, “AHA! That’s it. This is an idea I think might work.” I have no issue with time being taken to rework an issue, or at least what “I” deem to be an issue.

As far as the priorities go, I’ll not open that can of worms, as I believe that would be the very definition of contentious, however, I’m glad to hear that there are troops you plan on re-balancing. On that same note, who better to think of re-balancing than the goal post? The mythics are the driving force for players to work towards and acquire. I’m missing a mere 2 Legendary troops, and 2 of the vault troops, so the rest are the new doom troops and most of the mythics. I’ve only been playing about 9 or 10 months, but the Mythics are about the main goal for me. While I can’t speak for everyone in this, I feel that striving to acquire all of the cool mythics is a big reason I still stick around to play, and it really drives spending my in-game, and on a few occasions REAL, currency.

But, I won’t begin to tell the developers how to view their own product or the way they develop it, as I’m sure you are all well aware of any of the things I could come up with to say, though it helps me feel better to add in my two cents.

It DOES sadden me, however, that TDK is something you guys don’t see any issues in at the moment, and I actually project his use dropping significantly with the coming weeks as I think we’re mainly experiencing the whole “new toy must play with” kind of thing. Once we all play with him and his third trait becomes a LOT less unique-feeling, he’ll probably drop in utility, or at least use. Though, I’m just one voice in a sea of thousands, so take it for what it’s worth to you.

I might also like to add this: I find myself STRONGLY supporting game design teams that don’t take $H** from outside criticism and the minority of its fans, like Rockstar games sticking to their guns with Red Dead 2, or Conan Exiles sticking to their guns revolving around the whole nudity controversy. And while I might not be in support of some of those ideas that the game design teams want to push, so long as “I” am among the minority, or so long as you guys enjoy the decisions you make with the game and it continues to deliver success to you, I’d gladly have you guys tell me to “sit down before I fall over”. Basically, stick to your guns as long as it’s not a foolish decision - I can respect and get behind something like that!

In the meantime, if your last comment is the consensus of your fellow peers on the matter, then this thread has met its purpose. All I wanted to hear was what the Dev’s planned and thought about what I had to say, I heard it, I’m good. Thank you for the time.

@KYLENATOR001, I suppose maybe I should’ve said “another” decent human. When I think of humans, not many come to mind because I don’t utilize them as much as I probably should, but when I look through a list, I do find myself picking out a handful that I really like; Alchemist, Magnus, Ishbaala, Tesla, and NOW Khorvash, with maybe a few others. As far as the mythics, I don’t have and have never used Champion of Anu, but I’ve yet to find or see a use for Voice of Orpheus. But, yes, you’re right, there are some better Humans.

:skull: ← Very disappointed that no one said i was dead serious…

2 Likes

I was very sleepy when I posted last night and was only thinking about the topic. I guess as far as what you were expecting, you were dead wrong.

1 Like

This thread has received more views than the “Official News” post regarding The Possessed King. I’m glad my opinion has met many eyes. Still disapointed on the matter, but it is what it is.

Well I guess that thread has died and now is envious of this one. Since the troop was nerfed from a 4x bonus and 24 mana to 2x with 26 mana, it annoys me that he got nerfed at all. I’d be fine with him going back to the original spoiled stats or have the traits buffed. Don’t get me wrong in that he could be good with RNG, but not consistent enough. I don’t understand how this mythic gets a nerf from 4x for the bonus to 2x but a certain legendary got buffed from 2x to 4x between her spoilers and gets it more frequently with a broader buff of red troops. This troop is pretty good if only for his third trait and maybe a lucky transform. I want him to be better but not due to wonky RNG.

1 Like