The Future of The Dragon Soul

Onyxia flashback. WELP CONTROL!!! NOOOOOO!!! MINUS 50 DKP!!!

I was wondering if TDS could not just come back as a random dragon.

Random dragons can be lame, it would have to be random legendary (base rarity) dragons to make it worth it. Could be something like “On death, on each empty slot, 40% chance to summon a legendary dragon”

To keep with the “possession” theme, why not have it work essentially as a reverse devour – on death, add The Dragon Soul’s skills to a random ally.

6 Likes

I would just like for there to be another necromancy dragon that goes well with TDS. But yeah TDS last trait is kind of bad and should be reworked.

3rd trait: When TDS dies, gain ten souls.

Problem solved lol

3rd trait, Possesion:

on death 20% chance to summon troop equal to one of enemy troops then charm that enemy troop.

or on death 10% chance to steal one of enemy troops to your side with half the life it had.

thats what id imagine a possesion.

edit: could tweak % chances higher if enemy is a dragon or make it work only for dragon enemy troops

This sounds like a cool mechanic.

plus give DS’s mana to that ally if it was a dragon

Yeah, I like it too. Considering that at death, TDS has no Life and quite possibly no Armor (aside from true-damage death), it’d mainly transfer Attack and Magic. That could be great or mediocre, depending on which troop is targeted.

1 Like

It would also transfer max armor/life, so if you have something like Emperina with healing, you could get a lot more life out of it.

btw do devoured or transformed troops trigger ‘on death’ events?

Devoured, yes. Transformed, no.

thank you :slight_smile:

Add me to the list of people that would prefer TDS to stay as it is now. If it HAS to be changed, re-work it completely.

2 Likes

Alternatively, what about an on-death trait where when Dragon Soul dies, it releases its hoard of souls to its team–so you get, say, 100 souls on death.

The # of souls released could scale w/ level to keep it from being abused. It wouldn’t be worth LETTING the troop die in order to get the souls, but the troop’s death would offer a benefit in keeping with his theme.

5 Likes

That idea would probably get to me to actually use him. +1000

Eh…unless TDS can raise the soul cap (without Necromancy), a soul explosion upon death probably won’t do much for you, as the spell has likely cast several times anyway. But it’s a neat idea, and can partially salvage an early death, at least.

Good point. Oh well. Lots of nifty ideas here & hopefully something other than that possession trait fills the slot.

Honestly, if the concern is over the overlap with Infernal King, keep TDS the way it is and change IK.

TDS and reincarnation seem like a good fit, moreso that IK.

Change IK to “on death, burn all enemies and summon one Hellcat” That would be cool as it replaces itself with a somewhat weaker troop of the same color that continues to generate red mana just like IK.

@Sirrian / @Nimhain, would you consider this an official feature request? :wink:

1 Like

I don’t think IK’s 3rd trait should be changed at all. Infernal King’s whole Blighted Lands story revolves around him being immortal. So, resurrection fits him well.

1 Like