The Future of Gems of War on PS4/Xbox

Please can we have a thors hammer option to smash majors into minors?
Please can we have a thors forge to turn majors into runics?
Thank you.

1 Like

Excellent .
Thank you .

Mmmm… tasty tasty hats…

8 Likes

They’re going to pour Pantene into the servers.

2 Likes

One of Jack Black’s personal favorites. I like it too, I like this Boston’s whole album in fact.

1 Like

When are we going to be able to cross-platform in guilds? Such as being able to join a guild from the console to the PC. As of right now invites cannot be sent from a PC guild to a console player even with the correct invite code, it does not work.

Never :frowning:

1 Like

Misread something

Nihmian said it won’t happen earlier in this thread.

1 Like

How could it? They’re 2 separate platforms…

I misread that completely, sorry

Technically it would be super easy to get cross platform play to work. But Sony / MS wouldn’t allow it. At least for xbox one, I think they only thing the MS servers are used for is downloading / updating the game and $$$ purchases. Everything else is on the developers servers.

Amazing news ,thank you guys

Will the 2.0 pvp system bring any incentive to having a good defense team? Currently it feels it’s better to have a team that loses all the time and do revenges, since the defense win rewards are so low.

Current defense rewards on Steam/Mobile are worth it. You get souls per troop defeated (which I think has been around for a while) and you get 3 glory for a win vs 1 glory for a loss (probably the most important bit). Also chance to get gold keys, and the amount of gold earned is probably higher but I haven’t been measuring it. Finally, you do lose a small amount of ladder points for a defense loss and gain a small amount for a win - i.e 3-10 points, when a maximum difficulty opponent gets 50.

Basically refer to the first thing I said.

Well, currently it’s like this IMO:

Gold: You get 30 gold for a loss and 100 for a win. But loss gives you an option to revenge, which will net you 1000+, so the 70 gold difference feels like nothing.
Souls: You get 1 soul for every opponent troop defeated by your defense team. Then when you do revenge, you get ~60 souls / 5 successful revenges. So that nets you more than winning with your defense team.
Glory: Amounts feel so low that does it make a big difference? I get 30 glory / treasure map, so…

OK, you don’t need to do anything for your defense wins, they come without any effort. But still the rewards feel very low.

I’m planning on getting 1000 revenge wins and then setting a real defense team. Hopefully that ladder point system brings some sense to pvp.

Nonetheless, I win over 95 % of pvp matches played no matter what the opponents troops are, since the AI is so stupid. The game is just a grinding experience for me. A real time pvp would be the only hope for me to have a real excitement about winning or losing. Now it’s just grinding. I like it still, don’t get me wrong. And from the glimpses I’ve seen from youtube this pvp update seems like a real improvement nonetheless.

1 Like

It can also depend on your level. Given that I’m nearly max level, the game usually tries to match me up with people who are at least lvl500. Meanwhile, I’m being PVPed by basically everyone. Given that the high levels will beat my defense and show up as revenge matches no matter what I do, I can capitalize on the lower level players - who I NEVER SEE - and do my best to defeat them for increased rewards.

YMMV.

I’m somewhere between level 500 and 600, I don’t remember exactly…

Maybe it depends on the time you have in your hands. Last week I did a lot of revenges, and I was happy that they kept on coming, since the rewards are quite nice. They are better at least in souls rewards compared to invade. Gold doesn’t differ that much, since you can choose the opponent and get better payouts via invading.

In the future I might not have as much time to play so it might be better to do a solid defense team which can net me some rewards without effort. Then if I have a lot of time to play I can switch back to having a lot of revenge chances.

All in all I think there shouldn’t even be a space for consideration. It’s stupid to give free wins just to gain benefits…

1 Like

You’re level 547!

2 Likes