The Future of Gems of War on PS4/Xbox

Because most consumers don’t really care whether they are in control their own devices – until it actually bites them, prevents them from using their device in the way they want, for the purpose they want.

It’s not good for the industry, or any industry, for a single company to control the entire market, to be able to take a cut out of every transaction. It gives them the power not only to set prices above what’s fair, it allows them to control and direct the market and the consumer, restricting competition, and choosing what kind of products enter the market. That’s why many countries have laws targeted at preventing companies from achieving that kind of control.

Whether or not it’s “smart business” has no impact on whether we, as consumers or citizens, should buy into it or allow it to occur.

1 Like

Which troop build did you like?

Yes agreed, that’s why we as consumers have to be smart and vote with our wallets. Microsoft doesn’t have a monopoly on what some consider “shady” business practices though. I think the goal of any company is to “own” the majority of the consumer base.

All true. That doesn’t excuse the direction Microsoft is attempting to take with UWP or the Windows store, however, and attempting to paint their actions as benevolent is misleading. If it does turn out fine, it won’t be because that’s how Microsoft intended for it to be, but because industry figures and news outlets pointed out the red flags, and consumers voted with their wallets.

1 Like

When your sales come from consumers, you gotta listen to the consumers at the end of the day. For better or worse. Fist bump my friend. Good discussion.

1 Like

From what I remember, in Puzzle Quest each battle took longer, but was sped up by timing each turn (I think it was 10 seconds) ; and if no turn was taken then that player took a damage penalty.

But how about keeping PvP as it is, but adding a real-time tournament option; where there’s a glory cost to enter, and a big glory reward for the winner?
Making stakes high would stop all potential time wasters, no? And tournaments are all about fame and glory. It makes sense.

All the purples

I was not throwing “misinformed hatred” towards consoles.
I have played strictly consoles in the past.
I just see the flaws of consoles, and the perks of PC and so I prefer the latter now. Mostly because the power of the PC is unmatched and I love for my games to run as smoothly as possible and look so great it takes my breath away.

And I’d hardly consider being two months behind in news as being misinformed. That’s the way things always were, it’s not as if I’m speaking something that was completely false, because I’d consider that misinformed. It was true up until a short time ago.

I could understand your annoyance if I was actually being hateful, but in fact I was mostly talking about the perks consoles have over PC (such as mobility and ease of access, plus exclusives). I wasn’t in any way being hateful, unless you consider calmly stating my preference to PC or my hope that exclusives will crash and burn as hateful. PCs and consoles are different and each have their own perks and I can fully understand why someone would prefer consoles and would never belittle their decision even if I think that PC is a better choice.

Anyways, I do agree that the times are changing! I think it’s a much better choice for the gaming community to all link up rather than have the PC vs Console battle. It would be nice for all of the community to be able to play games together and not be split. And I hope Sony joins in! Also, it’s so much better for consumers that like to play console and PC and would normally have to buy two copies. The cost of that adds up really quickly.

Actually MS is starting to link up PC and console where you buy one copy of the game and can play it on both pc and console…

Hello @Sirrian ,
Just curious how the update to console is progressing? Have the changes been locked down? or has it be submitted to Microsoft & Sony? Etc.

Just eager to play!
Thanks

It’s in the final phase of QA already… submissions to Sony and Microsoft will happen very shortly

9 Likes

Maybe 2 weeks by sound of it.

So next Tuesday then.

QA? What does QA stand for?

quality assurance

2 Likes

Thank you. 10char

Just wondering when is the console update out

2.1 (Guilds) is apparently in October for Consoles. Don’t know about anything in between that’s missing.

Cant wait for the new features thanks for the reply

The new pvp and explore mode is this month. Unconfirmed when though. My guess is anything before the 26th/27th would be a bonus.