The "Divine" Slayer team share

I’ve actually had some good success with Dawnbringer. It’s all about timing. The AI is pretty predictable in that once Ubastet or Infernus are ready to use their spells, they cast immediately. I use DB right before that to barrier my whole team. Even if I’m burning, doesn’t matter: burning hits start of my next turn, after they cast their big spell. I take no damage, and now they don’t have a mana advantage.

My team:
-Gorgotha
-Infernus
-Hero Bard with Dawnbringer, including “starts with half mana”
-Paladin (boosts yellow)

About 80% win rate so far. Gonna try some of these other builds though!

Bingo. The force is strong in this one.

Another one. I would say Monstrous Divine Muncher. Delicious :yum:

1 Like

This is my go to team, having Tai-Pan means I get an extra turn a lot of the time straight away. This also means Yao steals life from the first enemy too, which then means Crimson Bat can smack them for 4x skull damage which is often enough to kill instantly. Last slot is flexible. Swap in whatever I feel like but Champ is pretty useful.

5 Likes

Even with your best “meta slayer” team, the sad reality is that if the enemy team gets off a single cast, their win probability goes to at least 90%. It really doesn’t matter who it is - you’re toast.

It’s been a month and this is the worst meta state the game has ever been in. I only play these days on the can and I think I’d rather stare at the stall walls than suffer through this shell of a game - something that was once really fun to play.

1 Like

I logged in for the first time in half a year just to tell you thank you for this deck. That tiger was decimating me.

This thread is far more useful than any nerf thread.

3 Likes

The thing is, dawnbringer is a ‘luxury’ weapon whose pursuit can only be endeavoured by high end players who have already levelled up the majority of their troops. Moreover, going after DB requires Pharos Ra (at least one) to make it feasible. Newer players don’t have the resources or troops allowing them to grind DB any time soon. Nett result…relentless slaughter by divine teams and the frustration that accompanies it. I suspect many will leave the game as a result, making the recruitment grind even worse than the meat market it already is. Uba has to become non divine or div ish needs an alternative 3rd trait. The situation is currently ridiculous. Competing in PVP is now down to whether or not you have half a dozen troops. Appalling.

Agree with most of what you’re saying. One thing though, and maybe it’s just me, but I haven’t seen a solid divine team below 8,500-9,000 team score. So yes, newer players won’t be crafting DB, but they also won’t be fighting divine as often.

I’m also finding Soul of Xathenos (as mentioned above) to be more consistent than DB anyway, so there are some other great anti-divine options.

I agree, most effective divine teams will exceed 8 or 9k so the frequency of encounters may well be lower for new players, in PvP anyway. Those defeats are bad enough, but those in guild wars hurt a whole lot more. Its not uncommon to face half a dozen div teams over the week and lower players in good guilds are going to have to accept those probable defeats as a steep learning curve if they are not to leave the game in dismay. Private defeats in PvP are one thing, public 1/4 results in wars are another. I will have a look at soul of xath…thanks for the tip.

Dawnbringer isn’t a nesassity to defeat anything. If you put in those many hours of grinding you should deserve a great weapon.
Put in the right team and you most likely win most of the battles.
But firstly you need a solid team to win anyways, then you need a solid team to farm soul efficiently and you need the persistence to grind out 1.3m souls.
Is it worth? Probably, but not feasible for everyone. I’m level 1200+ and I’m still 1m souls away with also many troops unleveled and untraited, yet I still stand my ground with 95% winrate on invades and around 70% on defense.
(I’m not going into detail for newer players, as I can’t show anything important without the right troops)

Anyways, here are my suggestions for invading on regular PVP:
Mountain Crusher (Dragonguard)
Divinia
Lord Ember
Worldbreaker
/
Mountain Crusher (Titan)
Glaycion
Scylla (or Abynissia)
Bloodhammer
/
Jarl
Firegiant
Elemental Bow (Titan)
Hyndla

None of them will guarantee a win, but I had solid results over the last weeks.
And for defense:
Crimson Bat
Bone Dragon
Spirit Fox
Death

Two Assassin teams that make short work of Divines:

Hero / Assassin / Mang
Giant Spider
Green Seer
Forest Guardian

Hero / Assassin / Anu’s Scepter (or Divine Protector, or anything that’s only green or blue or both)
Alchemist
Hellcat
Divine Ishbaala

Both teams work exactly the same way. The first is more defensive and can better recover from Hero death, the second is better equipped to handle Mab (because of Ishbaala’s cleanse). The idea is to ignore the Hero entirely and focus on filling Giant Spider or Alchemist, then looping between the two generators until the dual converter is powered up. At that point you loop until Green Seer or Alchemist is powered up and a 4-match or converted skulls is ready, then let loose with the dual converter. The Hero will often have death marked the first troop by then (take that talent), and Assassinate procs are icing. In the event something dies, you’ll also be freezing a troop (take that talent too) while limits the damage that can be done from an enemy loop if you ever lose control.

4 Likes

One of the biggest issues regarding team advice is the assumption of troop ownership and max traiting. My entire point is the overwhelming dominance of the divine team against newer players. Those who might have the odd mythic but not enough diamonds to forge one that may help. Add to that the absence of arcanes and you may start to appreciate the problem. I was lucky enough to start gems when shentang came about and so built a decent team with those troops while hoping to find a mythic. It’s as if experienced players have had a psion like mind wipe removing all knowledge of early days in the game, when troops and resources were scarce. The meta of the past is nothing like as destructive as this one. That’s the point.

Please keep in topic because threads like this is to help people to get ideas against Divine meta. We have plenty of other threads voicing dissatisfactions.

1 Like

SO, I’ve been trying some of these teams against divines and not been having much luck. In fact, 0 for 5 versus divines. My best anti-divine team is actually another divine team.
Divinia (thank you devs for creating this wonderful Dragon. She works great on dragon meta teams also.)
Infernus (or Ubastet if you’re feeling lucky.)
Dawnbringer (for those of us that have ground it out and stuck with the soul farming with and without Pharos)

• Titan (or Bard for a quicker kill, but I am building my titan class so we’ll go that way.)
    (Divine Protector is great if you want to utilize the mana blown away by Divinia and Infernus, otherwise Dawnbringer is better for the barrier.)
    Divine Ishbaala (of course, who else to boost all divines)

Focus on Divinia, and her life boost will counter ubastets one shot kill habit, while powering up dawn and Infernus. Unless the board is totally stacked against me, it’s in the win column.

The key to success vs the meta is complete board control very early, certainly before ubastet casts. In addition, a powerful attack is essential to take out divine troops ASAP whilst maintaining loop control if possible. Certain non mythic decks can achieve this but not that many. Even then, some of the better legendaries may be required but at least they can be forged (when available) a lot sooner than a mythic which probably won’t be as effective anyhow. My two legendary recommendation would be

Alchemist
Moneylender
Yao guay
Queen Titania.

The top 2 loop beautifully and turn the board red and yellow, filling Yao and Q Titania and firing the essential QT and Yao 3rd traits. Keep looping top 2 til u can cast QT with a free turn or hit a 4 match with Yao. Sometimes you can’t maintain the loop but that’s life. Yao plus fairie is massive. Practise in warlord 3 explore and go get em. You will know as soon as you see the board if the game is yours. But I reckon 60 to 70pc divine meta destruction when you’ve got the hang of it
:wink:

My team is as follows:
Dark Maiden
King Bloodhammer
Apothecary
Keeper of Souls

Dark Maiden can feed herself, Bloodhammer, and Apothecary of Mana (turning yellow into red, brown, blue, green). Apothecary will feed Bloodhammer and Keeper of Mana (brown). Invoke Bloodhammer only when you have a 4 or 5 match somewhere with him. Same with Keeper (it’s easier with Keeper as he’s not limited to blue like Bloodhammer). As nothing is guaranteed depending on whether CPU team gets to fire first… this is the best and pretty damn quick way of dispatching anything especially if fully traited (particularly Bloodhammer and his Doomstorm… that’s necessary).