The Arena mode - strange issue: healthy units die instantly - feedback needed!

Bug report:

PC, Steam client
Windows 7
4.3.5 (this issue existed before)

What happened?
Arena mode - sometimes when you kill an enemy Hero, one troop below will also instantly die, even if there was no skull cascade or another skull match. I suspect that the explosive skull (+5 damage) may transfer from a dead or killed troop to the 2nd or damaged target, but I think that’s not supposed to happen.

Same goes for the 3rd and the 4th target.

I need confirmation from other players that play the Arena mode.
I suspect that there is some issue with it.

How to replicate this bug?

• Play the game, preferably with the Dawnbringer.
  • Use the skull, along with one or more explosive skull to kill the enemy Hero.
  • Watch if the 2nd troop is also affected or killed.
    (if the excess damage is transferred from the 1st to the 2nd slot, etc.)

Damage gets transferred, and not just when the hero dies. I’ve seen it happen to random troops.

1 Like

Wait, is this happening across all the game modes then?
Is it intended or not?

Was the first troop (in this case the enemy Hero) on low Health when you made the skull match, and did either of the troops wait for a second before exploding/dying?

Yes. Usually, there was a small delay, but a short one.

I don’t know if it’s intended, but it’s certainly happening on a regular basis. I spent a lot of time in the arena last week and it happened a lot.

2 Likes

The small delay before a troop dying/exploding is part of the fix for the ghost troop issue, and was strongly linked to Doomskulls – I’d be interested to try pin this particular one down, though.

I have noticed a couple of similar cases myself, recently, with two troops dying from the same cascade of skull matches – but usually involving a whole board of Doomskulls (in PvP, etc.), so it has been hard to tell what was really happening without slowing it down or recording it.

1 Like

It’s definitely something fishy about this.

I hope that @Kafka or @Cyrup will provide some helpful answer.

I just encountered another issue. I am not sure if it’s related to this issue or a new thing entirely.