The 3rd GoW Forum Fantasy Series: Rules, Information, and Draft Thread

Maw has been and gone already :stuck_out_tongue: was the second pick.

[/shocked]

I am shocked. I would have figured it would have gone first.

Except @PowerPlay was first and he has beef with Gorgotha :stuck_out_tongue:

True he canā€™t be killed by it nowā€¦ butā€¦

My prediction?

4 Likes

Everything that Iā€™d planned on taking is spoken for, so Iā€™m just going to have some fun with it.

Sparkgrinder, get over here you goofy Dwarf!

@xGamerxNiko, youā€™re up!

3 Likes

As mentioned, @xGamerxNiko is on the clock. I have next 2 picks after that but Iā€™m also going to sleep here so Iā€™ll check things in the morning.

Iā€™m likely to be around for my pick for most of this afternoon/evening. So if @xGamerxNiko picks and @Synergy does as well, weā€™ll be able to move on past me even :smiley:

ā€œSo, youā€™re sure it will work this time, right?ā€

The dwarf gave an exhasperated sigh. Heā€™d been putting in a lot of hours, and his unruly mop of red hair was drenched in oil and hydraulic fluid, the lifeblood of his creations.

ā€œYes! Iā€™ve recalibrated the primary mana resonator, refrobulated the ancillary and terciary cogitators, re-anodized the armor, and regaussed the turbidic motivator. Steam pressure is at nominal level, Iā€™ve triple-checked the punch cards, and everythingā€™s good to go. This time for sure!ā€

ā€œRight. Just so weā€™re clear, itā€™s not going to explode, try to kill us, or try to bury another flame cannon in the universityā€™s flower beds?ā€

ā€œI told you, everythingā€™s within tolerances!ā€

ā€œAnd ummā€¦ remind meā€¦ just how close are those tolerances exactly?ā€

Sparkgrinder got a distant look in his eyes as he stared off into space and ran the numbers. Finally he declared ā€œNinety-eight-point-four percent. Like I said, itā€™s a sure thing!ā€

I didnā€™t immediately voice my misgivings, so the Dwarf ran over and flicked the switch that activated the primary furnace and the monstrous mechanical puppy/murderbot slowly stirred to life. Sparkgrinder knew how much was riding on this. It was my first tournament, and heā€™d promised that after this latest batch of tinkering and repairs nothing would be able to stop Carnex. I had to admit the spikes were a nice touch, even if they had cost an arm and a leg and made me call in every favor imaginable with the runesmithā€™s guild.

Carnex looked suitably imposing (when it wasnā€™t wagging its tail), and was starting to glow with a warm red light as the manafurnace roared to lifeā€¦ but that steam gauge was rising awfully slowly. Weā€™d need to either stoke the furnace to critical levels with fire mana or gather enough raw magic to kickstart a chain reaction.

I considered my options. There was that rather unpleasant fellow in Darkstone, and the Bansheeā€™s of Ghulvania had a certain knack for fire mana. Come to think of it, the Nagas might be pressed into service if we braved the mists to ā€œconvinceā€ them to help us. Sylvasi could probably work some of his mischief to get things going, but I wouldnā€™t trust him farther than I could throw him. That weird slimy stuff in Karakoth might have the right properties to be of serviceā€¦ if I could stand seeing the tentacles again. And there was that rather terrifying Giant Iā€™d heard about up in Stormheimā€¦ or maybe Tyri could help me catch one of those giant spiders? If nothing else panned out, I could always drag Tyri along; sheā€™d be in once I mentioned the reward.

Time to hit the road.

3 Likes

alchimist leg

1 Like

@Synergy youā€™re up!

And @xGamerxNiko Iā€™m REALLY looking forward to see your team after that pick! :smiley:

well seems everytime i come up with something i like i need to sub more troops i guess so lets go

EPIC Nobend brothers

@Ozball your up brother

Treant Epic

Will try and get a story written tomorrow in some free time.

@Studs man, your turn!

So much for meeting the in-lawsā€¦ Guess I need to find something weird on my own.

There is a mirror in the bathroom.

Maybe Hellhound or something? Hag brought along her pet or something :stuck_out_tongue:

At the rate things are going I can see Warhound being picked.

Eh Iā€™ll find somethingā€¦ werird. Or just bad. Maybe an all construct team especially given whatā€™s left. Thatā€™s about as lousy as I can think. :wink:

Yet you still voted for blighted lands on the create a troop.

And yet so did you too even leaving your precious rust buckets behind. :wink:

(And for anyone thinking I hate constructs, just friendly barbs in response to his mirror comment.)