The 3rd GoW Forum Fantasy Series - Round 2: 9 vs 16

Welcome one and all to the Gems of War Forum Fantasy contest, series 3! Everyone is welcome to vote in each match and your vote will determine who wins and advances on to the next round. Here are some guidelines to follow when deciding on who to vote.

• Vote according to your own rules. Is it a best of whatever? Is it Player vs Player or AI vs AI? You can choose, but always assume it is a fair fight.
  • Each troop and their rarity will be listed below. For exact stats, a link will be provided using @Lyya’s fantastic database application so you can see exactly what each troop can do, how strong they are, and other bonuses they may receive.
  • All troops are fully traited as well, so keep this in mind as it may not be reflected in the list.
  • The brackets follow those used in the NCAA March Madness. So the winners from the following will face each other: a) 1/16 vs 8/9, b) 2/15 vs 7/10, c) 3/14 vs 6/11, d) 4/13 vs 5/12 followed by the winners of (a vs d) and (b vs c).

With that, let’s get onto the matches!

Second Round: #9 kzinitwife vs. #16 Shiratori

User: @kzintiwife

Banner: Sword’s Banner (+1 Blue Match, +1 Yellow Match)

Troops and Position:
Sacred Guardian (Epic)
Shadow-Hunter (Epic)
Proud Hunter (Epic)
Marilith (Epic)

TEAM SUMMARY

VS

User: @Shiratori

Banner: Woodland Banner (+2 Green Matches)

Troops and Position:
Goblin (Rare)
Hobgoblin (Mythic)
Goblin Shaman (Rare)
Goblin King (Mythic)

TEAM SUMMARY

• kzinitwife
  • Shiratori

0 voters

POLL ENDS: THURSDAY 6/16/16 at 12PM Central Time

LINKS
2 VS 7
4 VS 12
9 VS 16
11 VS 14

Good luck one and all!

2 Likes

for taking damage:

• the first troop has a 25% skull damage reduction,
  • 2nd troop has 20% chance of dodging,
  • 3rd position pride hunter cant be targeted.

Other cool things about my team

• sacred guardian will add 2 points to a stat on all my troops, and since he cannot be entangled will be able to always use his skull attack, he also gets a 25% skull match reduction.

• Shadow hunter will get 1 blue on matchs and +1 magic from hunter

• Pride hunter will give shadow hunter and himself +2 life, and will also get +2 magic from himself and marilith

• Marilith gives all +2 attack, we will get red bonus on matchs, and +1 attack each time she takes damage.

• So I will get bonus mana on blue+2, yellow, red

things about the other team:

• Goblin king has a big weakness when playing my team - he has an extra 20 hp and regin which will attract the shadow hunter.
  • Goblin king’s regeneration, while making it a tiny bit harder, also helps shadow hunter to do more overall damage to the team.
  • overcoming the hobgoblin’s dodge is easy as most of my team is AEO or targeted.

the attack -

• 1st - fill shadow hunter to attack goblin king
  • 2nd - fill sacred guardian and pride hunter
  • ---- pride hunter to stop the goblin attack (repeat until dead, move down, repeat)
  • ---- shadow hunter to target goblin king until he is dead
  • 3rd - fill merilith as green control and do random 6 AEO and gain attack and the gems to help fill the others
  • after goblin king is dead, then go on to hobgoblin (because of the dodge)
  • although the shaman provides green, leave him for last because he only heals 3 and he doesnt do damage.
2 Likes

Congratulations @kzintiwife. You’re into the semi-finals against @Zelfore.

1 Like