The 3rd GoW Forum Fantasy Series - Round 2: 11 vs 14

Welcome one and all to the Gems of War Forum Fantasy contest, series 3! Everyone is welcome to vote in each match and your vote will determine who wins and advances on to the next round. Here are some guidelines to follow when deciding on who to vote.

• Vote according to your own rules. Is it a best of whatever? Is it Player vs Player or AI vs AI? You can choose, but always assume it is a fair fight.
  • Each troop and their rarity will be listed below. For exact stats, a link will be provided using @Lyya’s fantastic database application so you can see exactly what each troop can do, how strong they are, and other bonuses they may receive.
  • All troops are fully traited as well, so keep this in mind as it may not be reflected in the list.
  • The brackets follow those used in the NCAA March Madness. So the winners from the following will face each other: a) 1/16 vs 8/9, b) 2/15 vs 7/10, c) 3/14 vs 6/11, d) 4/13 vs 5/12 followed by the winners of (a vs d) and (b vs c).

With that, let’s get onto the matches!

Second Round: #11 Grimmorith vs. #14 Ozball

User: @Grimmorith

Banner: Wolf’s Banner (+1 Blue Match, +1 Green Match)

Troops and Position:
Knight Coronet (Mythic)
Revenant (Rare)
Druid (Mythic)
Wolf Knight (Rare)

TEAM SUMMARY

VS

User: @Ozball

Banner: Dark Elven Banner (+1 Green Match, +1 Purple Match)

Troops and Position:
Treant (Epic)
Swamplash (Epic)
Sylvasi (Epic)
Green Seer (Epic)

TEAM SUMMARY

• Grimmorith
  • Ozball

0 voters

POLL ENDS: THURSDAY 6/16/16 at 12PM Central Time

LINKS
2 VS 7
4 VS 12
9 VS 16
11 VS 14

Good luck one and all!

2 Likes

Yeeeeeeeeehaw! Let the fun and games begin! Good luck everyone!

2 Likes

Pew pew pew gonna get you! @Ozball

1 Like

@Grimmorith

Hi squirrel I cast my vote, I have 37 voters for my Badge poll and were sitting on just 5 over here… Time to lobby

1 Like

We should be able to pull in at least 50 votes people!

Tell your friends.
Tell your family.
Tell your enemies.
Tell a stranger.

Lets make this happen!

V
O
T
E

N
O
W
!

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

Come and get your vote on, one and all.

Let’s show that community spirit that the forum is known for!

First goal is fifty votes…then we go to one hundred!

2 Likes

V
O
T
E

You can dooooooit!

I think ozball has better mana control.

2 Likes

So I’m a little late to this since I was asleep then had work, but I’m here now and ready to tear apart this squirrely team…

I’ll admit this match up is a bit trickier than my first round one in terms of strategy, but I still feel like I’d win.

My main strategy would be to deny blue as much as possible, this would mean firing Sylvasi off as often as possible (even if he’s having to steal from an entangled troop), and prioritising blue on Green Seer’s gem conversions.

Main threats are Wolf Knight, and Druid. First off Wolf Knight, a worrying prospect since he deals true damage and charges up quickly and is the only troop that doesn’t use blue mana which I’m actively denying. However his Armour and HP are low and falls to just one cast of Swamplash once he’s entangled. Druid on the other hand is a threat since he uses green which is my main colour and I’ll be attempting to create a lot of. So once Wolf Knight is down Swamplash will be focusing primarily on Druid, regardless of if he’s entangled or not (entangling him if he isn’t so his next hit should be a double one), while at the same time Treant and Sylvasi will be attempting to work through Knight Coronet and Revenant. Now Knight Coronet does have Stoneskin, however Treant gets his attack up very quickly, and after only two casts would be around 27-29 attack, which would equate to about 14 damage after stoneskin, which would only require 3 skull matches to kill him. Revenant drops with only 1 skull match after that, and Druid soon after, since he’s been getting thrashed and lashed around by Swamplash. Thereby ending the match in my favour.

In short:
Constantly deny blue through Sylvasi and Green Seer
One-Shot Wolf Knight with Swamplash
Target Druid with Swamplash
Sylvasi keeps everyones attack down while Treat whallops Knight Coronet and Revenant
All enemies die
Ozball wins

EDIT
Even shorter version that was posted while I was typing things up:

2 Likes

Here is the break down of my team:

Pew Pew
Bang
Kaboom
Rata tat tat

Be sure vote everyone!

1 Like

Did you just give up?

What was that? I couldn’t hear you over all the explosions and death screams😉

1 Like

Yes you might need a medic for the slamming happening to your team’s own death screams.

I am pretty confident that I have a 50% chance of winning.

1 Like

With which troops? Joking aside this is one way of getting views and voters.

Knight Coronet is a beast and does devastating damage to the first and last spot.

Revenant does damage to the last slot and can outright kill the last slot if mark goes off.

So between Knight and Revenant they pretty much kill the last slot and chew their way from the top and bottom.

Druid deals out nasty damage to random targets which just adds to the chaos.

Wolf Knight can target specific slots with huge true damage to wounded troops. He is on clean up.

I also have board manipulation with Knight Coronet. And if you factor in full traits…ouch.

You can’t deny me mana if your troops that deny are already dead.

Green Seer is dead right away and changing blue to purple does not hurt me because I can use purple, changing stuff to green helps me as well.

Knight Coronet has great skull defense and can dish out punishment with skull damage, if entangled he just drops mana bombs on first and last slot.

1 Like

That is the way to grab the nuts of the tree.

1 Like